Author Topic: Fort Erie Track Not Likely  (Read 3172 times)

techman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Fort Erie Track Not Likely
« on: November 27, 2012, 09:12:39 AM »

Openwheeler

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Fort Erie Track Not Likely
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 11:16:53 AM »
If you read today's article in the fort erie paper the deal according to the developer is alive and well. The properties in question don't have much to do with the facility itself and were going to merely bought out do the current owners didn't have to be do close to the development.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 11:23:38 AM »
I hope it gets settled soon!!!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

techman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 04:29:37 PM »
Haven't read or heard anything since the propsed owners failed to buy out nearby property owners. Is this dead?

canadianfan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 02:07:08 PM »
apparently they had a booth at the Cdn Motorsports Expo last weekend in Mississauga (Toronto Int'l Centre) and are still touting the project as a go but I think more of us are cynical due to the yet unconfirmed financing from parties in the Middle East. And with the $$$$$$ that Cdn Tire has put into Mosport (Cdn Tire Motorsports Park), perhaps the urgency is no longer there albeit Mosport is a 2 1/2 mile road course with a half mile oval. Mosport getting a Nascar Truck race has dominated the motorsport news up here for a while
Mike Lindsay-Burlington Ontario
so far-Delaware 1, Jukasa 4, Sunset 2, Flamboro 7, Ohsweken 4, Merrittville 4, Ransomville 1, Genesee 1, Volusia Speedway Park 1

mod68

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 02:04:04 PM »
Interesting.........Probably doesnt want to release funds (or commit) without confirmation of an event date from nascar.

I cant see nascar commiting to a date without a race track.

Who cares anyway, there's already enough struggling race tracks around.

On with tomorrow!

Fran

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 07:49:19 PM »
I was at the Toronto Motorsports Expo and talking with Raceline Radios Erik Tomas and it sounds like only one more SMALL hurdle to cross. Ground breaking could take place this Spring if cleared and Racing by Spring of 2015. JEFF Gordon's Step Dad  Mr Bickford along with The 2013 Drive to End Hunger Chevy was there as part of the Canadian Motor Speedway Project as well as the investors. THIS TRACK HAS A VERY GOOD PPROBABILITY.

v8stockcarnorth

• View Profile
    • V8 Stock Car North
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 08:38:51 AM »
What does it take to drag a race team over the boarder these days? or where can I go ask to get the official rules on this? It nice to have a new race track so close but useless if its not worth the trip.
Chris Gill
Zoo Crew Racing