Author Topic: iRacing  (Read 2750 times)

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
iRacing
« on: March 30, 2020, 03:27:51 PM »
So who watched the race "from" Texas, and what are your thoughts?  I missed the 1st one they has last week, but actually enjoyed the one yesterday.  I like that it wasn't as long as a real race, and also hearing some not as familiar names in the line up.   Good job to Timmy Hill!

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: iRacing
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 04:41:22 PM »
I agree with you, 100%, about the "races" not being as long as an actual race. Secondly, showing the broadcast at 1PM makes it more "watchable". What I enjoy the most, is some of the banter between the hosts and some of the drivers, especially Clint Bowyer.

I'm also amazed at the realism that's been incorporated into the video images. Since NASCAR is fighting to regain market share, my suggestion to them would be to invest in a few of the simulators, as well as a video display, and take it around the country. Charge $5-10 for racing enthusiasts to run a 10 lap race, with 8-10 guys at a time.

Paul

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 11:16:58 AM »
I also watched the irace.  When iracing was being discussed in past years I thought there was no way I would ever watch other people play video games.  But, given the circumstances, I thought anything is better than nothing.  I was really surprised that I enjoyed it!  The realism was incredible and with Mike Joy, Jeff Gorden, and Larry MacReynolds doing the broadcast it provided a little sense of normalcy.  And I think, regardless of what opinion one might have of the current situation I think that we can all agree that we miss normal.  I'll be watching this Sunday as well...

marks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 11:52:24 AM »
It's a great escape from reruns.  I would like to see the Bristol race moved to Saturday night and run under the virtual lights.  I would also really like a nascar iracing race at North Wilksboro if they can finish the track before we go back "actual" racing. I'm pretty sure that would be a crowd pleaser for young and old fans as well as the drivers.

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 05:50:05 PM »
It's a great escape from reruns.  I would like to see the Bristol race moved to Saturday night and run under the virtual lights.  I would also really like a nascar iracing race at North Wilksboro if they can finish the track before we go back "actual" racing. I'm pretty sure that would be a crowd pleaser for young and old fans as well as the drivers.

I haven't watched any of these races yet but it sounds like they are pretty cool.  Maybe put the Cup cars on a dirt track or some track they never have raced at to build fanbase.  How about race the Glen with the boot!  How about a race on an F1 circuit?  The Texas track?  Eldora?  Knoxville?  Syracuse!
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 02:54:40 PM »
The "I" racing has been very cool, and I wanted to let my Race NY friends know that: Fox Super 6 & Draft kings, have FREE race contests, for BIG prize money (5,000 & 10,000) on these "I" races. Try getting into their contests for this sunday at bristol; this will give ya that racin' fix and give ya some drivers to cheer for .....or swearing & giving a driver the finger! ENJOY!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 03:03:24 PM by countrydave »

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 02:10:12 PM »
 Hey Race NY'ers, just checkin in with a "friendly" write up, during this awful time in our world,... tryin' to lift up our racin' spirits a little....... So, if ya know me, than ya know what I mean, when I say "friendly"!.... Bristol Baby! So, I had a little fun Sunday with the "I" racing and with my entrees in the Free $ race games/apps, didn't win any $ but got my racin' fix in. YOU SHOULD TRY IT!
 With all that in mind, I'd like to say a few/to many words about the eNascar Pro Invitational Series racing and maybe get some of the "Modsquad" & RaceNYers  family, to start chirpin' in, on some of this kind of Racin' and throwin' some "Friendly" shots around!..... (Ex.) I heard that Modsquad just loves watchin' these "Taxi Cabs" Ha Ha Ha Haaaa.........

Byron Had Em' Covered, Virtually at Bristol
 William Byron, aka "Willy B" in the "I" Racing world, led 116 laps of the 150 lapper at the Virtual Bristol Motor Speedway. Willy B started from the pole, earning it by winning the 1st 50 lap heat race to put him on the pole. John Hunter Nemechek won the 2nd heat race and finshed 2nd in the feature!
 There was a lot of wrecks (12 cautions for 66 laps) especially early the race! Tempers were virtually flaring; Bubba Wallace quit after the 2nd wreck, only 9 laps into the race.! With drivers already using up there 2 "Resets" (a new racecar after you wreck) other notable, angry drivers, quit the race and "disconnected"; Erick Jones quit after 16 laps and Nascar Fans most popular driver Chase Elliott, disconnecting after 31 laps into the race! (IMO not a popular decision by these "Invited" Pro drivers)
  Around the half way point of the race, tempers went overboard; eNascar drivers Kyle larson, Ricky Stenhouse & Daniel Squarez; were all black flagged and Virtually "Parked" for the rest of the day, disqualified for continually wrecking each other, even wrecking each other on the aprons, attempting to get back to the pits! The human interest in it all, yes this was Entertaining! It's Funny & Nobody can Virtually get hurt, well except for the Ego's! (it's Bristol Baby, leave your feelings in the truck)
  Post Race Penalties were assessed as I heard Bubba Wallace is now "outlawed" from the eNascar Pro Invitational Series, because of some road rage comments made after "disconnecting" 9 laps into the event! The Enascar series main sponsor, Blue Emu said "they were looking for Racers not Quitters!" ( I just love this kinda stuff)
 So Next eNascar Invitational event is April 19 at Virtual Richmond.
 Praying for a Healthy Easter & beyond, stay safe.  God Bless.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 08:42:24 AM »
here's the Bristol race from the comfort of the RaceNY interface. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWtWRNBUcAo

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 05:30:31 PM »

I haven't watched any of these races yet but it sounds like they are pretty cool.  Maybe put the Cup cars on a dirt track or some track they never have raced at to build fanbase.  How about race the Glen with the boot!  How about a race on an F1 circuit?  The Texas track?  Eldora?  Knoxville?  Syracuse!
I think I would actually pay to watch the Cup cars on dirt
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 07:40:19 AM »
Good thing it was only "video racing", as the Indy/F1 drivers destroyed a metric ton of "race cars" yesterday.....