Author Topic: SHANGRI-LA 2 SAT 8/1 WHOS COMING  (Read 11963 times)

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
Re: SHANGRI-LA 2 SAT 8/1 WHOS COMING
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 04:44:56 PM »
i hope the four seats between raceguy and yearone were empty. the rain gods and schedules finally colide!(so far)
how many pepsi's can i bring in, and how big of a cooler?
i know the obvious answers, all that will fit and as big as the wife can carry, but whats the track letting in?
You can't buy intelligence, but I can give it away.

raceguy

• Champion
  • Duane ~ a.k.a. "The Motorin' Mexican"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 04:55:26 PM »
Just bring 'er chief....it's all good.  ;)

I don't remember seeing larger than a 12 pk. cooler there....but the car isn't too far away.  LOL
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 04:59:26 PM by raceguy »

yearone

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 06:36:40 PM »
Ok now just a sec. We are talking about Shang II rite?? RG how the H E Double Tooth-picks did I NOT see you?? I was EXTREME right in the stands, 3 rowws down, on the end. Something ain't addin up here?? lol Question... u here the guy ranting about the Gold 71??    That wasn't me.  lol
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 06:40:16 PM by yearone »
Economy?? What economy?

fotogal57

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 07:17:10 PM »
 ;D

Hey Raceguy...I am not sure who is carrying that cooler, but it won't be the wife...looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday...I hope mother nature does not mess it up...

Yearone..be sure to watch for us...we haven't seen you in some time either...
Dawn Maynard
D & J FOTOS - www.dandjfotos.com
If it's not racing, it's just not fun!!!!!!!!!!

yearone

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 07:23:35 PM »
Will do. :)
Economy?? What economy?

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 09:04:38 PM »
I don't think you'll see any more Mods and in fact you may see less. Who will want to chance wadding their car with an ROC event the following day? Next year will be the year that Shang-also comes into it's own. IF the Modified can survive weekly this place should tell us.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Modifiedthunder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 09:28:57 PM »
I agree with you
By the Grace of God and 600 horsepower!!!!

Rlizon17

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 09:40:56 PM »
It does not seem like there are that many mod teams. Some will race R.o.C. full time, some may choose to race SL2 or DTRP full time. Like the SST's, whom likely have the best asphalt car count in NY & seem to be growing, a common set of rules for Mods between R.o.C. SL2 & DTRP may work to attract more cars to the division. With few teams that can run 20+ Mod races a year, coordinated schedules & rules might go a long way in helping them survive. 10 R.o.C. shows including dates at SL2 & DTRP without conflicting with the weekly shows can work. So far this year, it has. Make all rules the same & run a few more 100 lap decent money events at SL2 & DTRP.

roman61

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 10:14:24 PM »
Yearone didn't you say the gold 71 would run 3 laps and head for the pits???
Well he ran 4 laps !!!!LOL
And I think you need a haircut
Richie Evans,, 9 time Nascar Modified Champion(including 8 in a row), only Nascar driver to have his number retired, and now 2012 Nascar Hall of Fame inductee!!!!!!!!!

bobby consi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 10:30:56 PM »
i disagree i think you might see a few more mods this week. a chance to pick some extra $$$$ for tires for chemung the next day. you might be surprised some teams might make it a weekend trip up this way to run at both tracks.

John_unaman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 03:15:28 AM »
They might get a few more cars if they waived the buy two tires from us rule and also you need our license to race, it wouldn't hurt anything this year and it may give a guy a chance to see if he want's to haul that far, I know of one weekly mod who was going to try the new track and decided his budget could not afford the license and two track tires. JMO

raceguy

• Champion
  • Duane ~ a.k.a. "The Motorin' Mexican"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009, 04:26:20 AM »
Ok now just a sec. We are talking about Shang II rite?? RG how the H E Double Tooth-picks did I NOT see you?? I was EXTREME right in the stands, 3 rowws down, on the end. Something ain't addin up here?? lol Question... u here the guy ranting about the Gold 71??    That wasn't me.  lol

Yup, Shang II....
My parents were all the way up, leaning against the tower, and Tonya and I were one row down from them, just to the left of the stairs/aisle.
I'm wondering how the heck I didn't see you also.
Strange days indeed! LOL

Apparently I need to pay closer attention to the proximity of nearby hooligans.... ;D

We'll see ya there sometime John....I'm sure!  ;)

(perhaps this Sat.)

RaceChaser

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2009, 06:04:06 AM »
.....how many pepsi's can i bring in, and how big of a cooler?
i know the obvious answers, all that will fit and as big as the wife can carry, but whats the track letting in?

Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are! ;D ;D

yearone

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »
61... no really...that wasnt me. I was the quiet one just in front of that guy. 8)
 N yes RG we will see one another there. Like u said u need to take in yer surroundings a little more. Me too I guess!! lol
Economy?? What economy?

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 08:16:29 AM »
;D

Hey Raceguy...I am not sure who is carrying that cooler, but it won't be the wife...looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday...I hope mother nature does not mess it up...

Yearone..be sure to watch for us...we haven't seen you in some time either...

You mean this isn't you in this pic Dawn?
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower