Author Topic: Bring the ROC weekend back to Oswego!!  (Read 5552 times)

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Bring the ROC weekend back to Oswego!!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2020, 08:12:57 AM »
Wouldn't new BLACKTOP,  PAY FOR IT'S SELF,  in the long run... It is truly SAD that such a Famous and historic  track could just slowly CRUMBLE AWAY...   Some times you have to spend a LITTLE  TO MAKE A LITTLE.   I think it would be a VERY  good investment for the brothers, AFTER ALL THE MAIN REASON , FOR POOR CROWDS AND BORING MOD RACES ( FREIGHT TRAIN RACES ), Sorry just my Opinion...  i KNOW just keep  SPRAYING THE TRACK WITH   G R I P , yes, that is the answer .  Again, just my opinion .

I have a feeling that repaving Oswego, which is what it really needs, would cost a LOT more that the "little" that you refer to. Maybe 20 years ago, the costs could be justified, as there were still good crowds attending the races there, but if you consider that the money that's being generated there, goes way up when the track gets covered in dirt, it spells out the future for a former, long time icon, of short track racing.

In other words, unless the track's current owners win the 'Mega Millions' lottery prize, it seems that the "Big O" is just going to fade into obscurity. It had a really good, 70 year run.....

owego26

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 12:17:07 PM »
LEADFOOT4, Guess i had a brain fart (wishful thinking) , the cost would be thru the ceiling, you could buy a lot of ConRail Juice for what that would cost...   LOL sure would have been nice though...  We will always have the MEMORIES though ! ! !

pushinthecushin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 05:24:39 PM »
The last time that Oswego got a repaving was 1970.