Author Topic: Crate Sportsman at DH2  (Read 12366 times)

Bowser

• View Profile
Re: Crate Sportsman at DH2
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 02:43:59 PM »
Nobody said to sell your car. Keep it run it and be happy. Just add the crate class to help support the other classes. The Imca class is huge away from here and that you are correct on. But you are here and not there. This is Late model and modified country on the east coast it has been since I was a kid. If you would like a crate car I have 2 of them I would sell. I would rather be 358 racing. The crate class is a great class for the new guys to start at. Woodhull allows 14 year olds to begin in this class. If you get that frustrated on here I would hate to be in a race with you. I will not hide behind my screen name   
Thanks
Scott Delong

sullivan28

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 03:56:52 PM »
I agree with terry. i used six tires the whole season. imca is the cheapest way to go.

MJRKat

• Champion
  • Gettin my Grafix on!
    • View Profile
    • RF Racing
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 06:41:38 PM »
Before Redline closed there was supposed to be 25-30 IMCAs there last year, and I believe the year before they had a pretty healthy field. I don't know where they all were, but that's what I heard from IMCA. For the record, I've got $2200 roughly in my IMCA motor, and my car is homebuilt. With the way the economy is, it seems you would want classes that the cars could be built in your garage, I guess it would depend on income in certain areas though too. Crates haven't caught on over here, I don't think penn can had very many(just hear/say), I never went there on a regular night.

Your right this is modified country here, but times I think are starting to change. I believe I just heard Fulton was dropping modifieds for next year. Modified car counts have been down, I know your talking about crates, but same type of car just with a lot cheaper motor.

sullivan28

• View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: October 16, 2010, 08:43:29 PM »
    I think brining crates in would tear the good racing surface off the track.

dirttrackrocker

• Champion
      • View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 12:36:11 PM »
    Nobody said to sell your car. Keep it run it and be happy. Just add the crate class to help support the other classes. The Imca class is huge away from here and that you are correct on. But you are here and not there. This is Late model and modified country on the east coast it has been since I was a kid. If you would like a crate car I have 2 of them I would sell. I would rather be 358 racing. The crate class is a great class for the new guys to start at. Woodhull allows 14 year olds to begin in this class. If you get that frustrated on here I would hate to be in a race with you. I will not hide behind my screen name   
    Thanks
    Scott Delong

Not hiding behind any screen names, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to figure out who I am. May have jumped the gun on the post. Your post sounded like you were suggesting those of us with IMCA's should "jump aboard" the Crate bandwagon. After re-reading it I think you were refering to the track and not the competiters.
    Either way the track can't afford 2 mod classes right now. They're paying $500.00 to win for IMCA's (provided they get 12 cars, and I don't see that being a problem next year) From what I understand thats pretty good payout for IMCA's. Unless they pay crates close to that you won't draw any and the track can't afford that right now. Plus they tried Crates once and it didn't work out. I know things have changed a little but, I doubt they would be so quick to jump back into the fire on that one.
    If you're driving on the edge... You're trespassing on my property!!!!!!!

Bowser

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 12:16:00 AM »
    I just wanted everyone to know who I am. Maybe the track can run 1 or two special only shows for the crates and see how that goes? The 500.00 to win for the Imcas is probably the highest pay for that class in the area and I say congrats to you guys!There was a special show at Penn Can tonight and about 30  crates showed. I was there for some great racing in all the classes. I hope that the Imca class grows!!