Author Topic: Where are They Now  (Read 269138 times)

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: Where are They Now
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 11:28:15 PM »
After Randy moved from the Shang LM division he campaigned a  #86 orange Vega an almost twin to the #16 of Dick Clark. He had a

couple of them. He took a wild ride at Oswego in one of his cars back in ? ( Falcon, String ?) . Yes, he also drove Joe Nortons #33 for

awhile and the Vecchio U-Joint Sales #1 Cavalier. He drove other cars as well I believe. Randy is a great guy.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

justmark

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • WNYRaceZone - Western New York Racing News
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 04:00:00 AM »
Dick Flaig lives in Florida. Phil Edwards is still in the WNY area.
Captain History
FOAR SCORE Club Historian

"Life's too short, man"

Be kinder than necessary as everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle: Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson

thedoebes

• Rookie
  • Flagging on the backstretch at FMP.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 09:16:18 AM »
Cecil King is still around the southern tier.I see him quite often.He goes mostly to 5 Mile Point. He does go to other tracks.
Ron Doebler

gregsy32

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 10:13:46 AM »
How about a couple of young guns that were supposed to be the next big thing -

L.W. Miller

Travis Grover
Greg Crooker

Easily entertained.

68mustangfb

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »
L.W. Miller now lives in N.C. as well. His Father owns / operates a car dealership down there as well as a Auto Transport Fleet that hauls autos all over (North & South). (not sure if L.W. works for him or not) ? Anyway he drives Modifides down South and has been very successful as a matter of fact I believe he is at least 1 or 2x champion at a track down there  ! Every once in a while you see where he runs up North as well as I think he ran a race at N.H. or somewhere last year and ran a special test tech motor for Nascar. His Grandmother (who is VERY, VERY proud of him) still lives in Dushore and her and Wayne (his dad) own Miller's Hardware Store and alot of land as well as a car wash, Laundry mat and rent a shop that the Gail Clark Power Plants ALL come out of !

As far as being the next big thing, they had Buddy Baker working with him when he was trying to make it in racing down there and Buddy thought he was a the real deal as well. BUT like anything ONE needs the $$$$ to make it and I think he fell a little short ! Every once in a while he come up to Dushore to visit and such as My Dad and him talk racing at the local coffee shop when he sees him ...
Mods,  Pa. possie; 410 sprint
RACING !

bassman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 12:02:40 PM »
   Jason Duke?... Jeff Pass?? Where'd all the great ones go!!  ::)

modcrew18

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »
  Always wondered what ever happened to Gordy Treichler. He disappeared from the local scene and never saw his name appear anywhere else. That little town of Sanborn sure produced some great drivers.

Also Rick "The Chicken Man" Jeffery. I know he went Busch/ARCA racing for a while and he was from Kentucky. Was quite a character, very entertaining to talk to. I suppose he probably just retired.

justmark

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • WNYRaceZone - Western New York Racing News
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2010, 01:08:03 PM »
Gordy Treichler lives in Texas.
Captain History
FOAR SCORE Club Historian

"Life's too short, man"

Be kinder than necessary as everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle: Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2010, 02:35:04 PM »
As far as being the next big thing, they had Buddy Baker working with him when he was trying to make it in racing down there and Buddy thought he was a the real deal as well. BUT like anything ONE needs the $$$$ to make it and I think he fell a little short !
Maybe the fact that he's a flaming jackazz behind the wheel had something to do with it?  Buddy must be going senile.  BTW, someone should tell him that when people started calling him "Loose Weapon", it wasn't meant as a compliment.  Apparently that went over his head since he put that on his own t-shirts.
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2010, 02:40:56 PM »
its actually LETHAL weapon

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2010, 02:58:50 PM »
its actually LETHAL weapon
Either way, he's definitely a weapon!
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

gregsy32

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 03:09:42 PM »
Some loved him some hated him.  I remember him getting boo'd like Dale Sr. or Jeff Gordon when he climbed out of the car in Victory lane.   He did win a lot of races though.
Greg Crooker

Easily entertained.

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 03:39:01 PM »
Some loved him some hated him.  I remember him getting boo'd like Dale Sr. or Jeff Gordon when he climbed out of the car in Victory lane.   He did win a lot of races though.
He's still driving on the nascar southern mod tour and hasn't smartened up any over the years.  He got a ride in the Hillbilly Racing backup car (a fitting teammate for Civali) at Loudon a couple weeks ago and was parked after he intentionally wrecked another car under caution.  The azzhat should have moved to Connecticut.  He'd fit right in with the rest of the sk 'tards there.

Oh ya, he's also dating Kelly Earnhardt (man is she ever slummin' these days!)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:42:42 PM by Groundpounder »

Chriszak7

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2010, 06:30:18 PM »
Randy Hedger works at the Nascar R&D facility in Concorde. Jerry Cook was giving Lancaster Lori and my self A tour of the facility 2 years ago and I saw and spoke to Randy. He looks like he could still jump behind the wheel of a red modified and have at it. Remember when Sterling Marlin was leading the Daytona 500 a few years ago and during a red flag he got out of the car to pull out a fender? It was Randy Hedger that got out of the pace car and told him to stop!

racefan61

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010, 11:24:35 PM »
The only thing i know about Travis Grover he was married at one time to Brittney Jack .. He drove sport mod # 30 at ole shangri la to me he wasnt that impressive .. He'd rather run over top of you then pass you cleanly ... Must be Brittney Jack learned from him because after seeing her race at Chemung in the Street Stocks last friday she was trying to push people out of the way and run over them by the looks of it....