Author Topic: 2018 Race of Champions Asphalt Modified Series Schedule  (Read 22827 times)

bassman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Race of Champions Asphalt Modified Series Schedule
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2018, 11:10:18 AM »
2 out of those 3 aren't going to host an ROC race either...

Turbo01

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2018, 11:59:53 AM »
Way to many races at Lancaster.  They need to run at least 1 race at a PA track.
I'm pretty sure the ROC didn't turn down a PA track just to give Lancaster another race. If a PA track wants a ROC race, I'd be willing to bet the ROC would listen. With that said, I can't think of a track I'd rather watch the mods at than Lancaster.

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2018, 01:17:03 PM »
For me personally, the 1/3 and 3/8 mile tracks are the best.  I would argue that Holland, Lake Erie, and Wyoming County are the best tracks in the area for modifieds. 
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

Modules

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2018, 06:58:14 PM »
Way to many races at Lancaster.  They need to run at least 1 race at a PA track.
I'm pretty sure the ROC didn't turn down a PA track just to give Lancaster another race. If a PA track wants a ROC race, I'd be willing to bet the ROC would listen. With that said, I can't think of a track I'd rather watch the mods at than Lancaster.
     Turbo,  My point is that half the races are being run at 1 track.  That's great if you live in the western part of NY but for others it's not ideal. 

Modules

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2018, 06:40:43 AM »
I wonder how Chemung likes having a ROC race run 2 days before theirs?  if guys tear up their equipment Thursday night they won't be running Chemung which will not only cost them their car count but also fans could decide to not show up if their favorite driver won't be running..

Turbo01

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2018, 11:04:52 AM »
     Turbo,  My point is that half the races are being run at 1 track.  That's great if you live in the western part of NY but for others it's not ideal.
I understand your point, but if Lancaster is the only track willing to step up and put on a race, how can you blame Lancaster? Other tracks need to step up. I'm sure the ROC would love to be all over the northeast, but until other tracks apply for a race, this is scenario is better than nothing. Fyi, I live in Nashville and plan on coming up for at least 3 ROC races. All 3, looking at the current schedule, will be Lancaster races.

Tim Packman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2018, 03:55:42 PM »

As popular is it might sound to have a weekly Modified Series at a track, and I'll use Lancaster as the example, it wouldn't be financially sound for the facility or the teams. Running on a weekly basis would bring forth a financial commitment from LNS that would handcuff us from doing other things and bringing in other shows. It would also force the teams to spend on a weekly basis to remain competitive in hopes of making a good enough purse to bring them back to race next week. In turn, we would have to choose a higher Front Gate admission that could end up turning away your most loyal of fans.

What we have now with the RoC and Joe Skotnicki works great for both of us, the teams and the fans. Yes, we have more races than  any other track on the schedule. At one time, we called ourselves the Home of the Modifieds...and for good reason. The team and fan support made it worthwhile. Now, we work together to bring the RoC Mods in for a select number of races each year making for a special night of ground pounding action.

I and LNS have no desire to start or even look into running our own Modified Series. We'd much rather let Joe S. have all that fun, while we have our fun running four nights a week between the oval and dragstrip.

Look forward to seeing everyone at Lancaster this season
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:12:22 PM by Tim Packman »

DaveTheDude

• Veteran
  • WGR's Fast Track
    • View Profile
    • Fast Track on Twitter
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 10:10:12 AM »
I wonder how Chemung likes having a ROC race run 2 days before theirs?  if guys tear up their equipment Thursday night they won't be running Chemung which will not only cost them their car count but also fans could decide to not show up if their favorite driver won't be running..

Spencer and Holland ran on back-to-back nights last year...
Dave "The Dude" Buchanan
Director of Media Relations/Announcer - Lancaster National Speedway
Announcer - Ransomville Speedway, Race of Champions 200
Host - WGR's Fast Track on WGR Sportsradio 550 & WGR550.com Sundays from 11 a.m. - Noon

DPackman_PR

• Champion
  • Full time supporter of EVERY racetrack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2018, 02:42:02 PM »

Spencer and Holland ran on back-to-back nights last year...

And historically Spencer and Lancaster ran back-to-back nights for years if I remember correctly.
Dakota J. Packman

Check out the all new OFFICIAL Wyoming County International Speedway Facebook page
at www.Facebook.com/TheOfficialWCIS !

And our new Official website at www.TheBullringWCIS.com !

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2018, 04:20:30 PM »
What happened to the race at Spencer for this year?The ROC mods put on an awesome show there so what gives?My next question is an old one but here goes.How come we cant get an ROC mod show at Perry?

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2018, 08:08:43 PM »
What happened to the race at Spencer for this year?The ROC mods put on an awesome show there so what gives?My next question is an old one but here goes.How come we cant get an ROC mod show at Perry?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2018, 08:25:35 PM »
My next question is an old one but here goes. How come we cant get an ROC mod show at Perry?

There are probably multiple reasons why Wyoming County no longer has an ROC event.  The one that comes first to mind is tires.  Perry is an American Racer track and the ROC Tour is a Hoosier tire series.
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

modsquad

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2018, 06:49:42 PM »
Schedule is on speed 51.

Beersy26

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2018, 12:29:39 PM »
A big Atta-boy to Tim Packman!  Not only for actually paying attention to social media and considering what people have to say, but also for being able to make an intelligent and informational response. This probably does not seem like a big deal to you but there is not one other owner/promoter in the state able to do so.  Thank you, and here's hoping for an even better season at Lancaster!

modrace

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2018, 06:50:21 AM »
Spencer back in August 31 ?