Author Topic: Screaming Fast Dirt Racing News!  (Read 1364 times)

Nate Pickering

• View Profile
Screaming Fast Dirt Racing News!
« on: August 22, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »
-Your "Weekly Dose" in Dirt Track Racing!

-April Wilson is returning to her home-track, Brockville Speedway, this Saturday in hopes of a successful night. For a latter part of the year, April has been suffering greatly from frustrating engine issues and disappointing finishes. Her favorite part of the year, was racing with the World of Outlaws as they invaded the Canadian provinces this year at tracks like Cornwall, Granby, and other French-speaking facilities.

-Lasalle Motorsports and Brian "Slim" McDonald have decided to launch a new website in partnership with Finish Line Web Designs, which is run by Craig Revelle. The site will begin back in the year 2004, and then jump to 2006, and other years as you take a look at other drivers who have driven for Lasalle Motorsports. Brian is the current driver and has been running at Brockville, Cornwall, and Mohawk International Raceway. To find out more about the team, feel free to visit their website at www.lasallemotorsports.com. You can also find the website by going to www.kbmotorsports.ca.

-The Fowl Mood Racing Team, who currently races late models at Brighton, found themselves back into victory lane this past weekend. Not only did he win the 30-lap A-main, they also raised $1,700 for the Canadian National Autism Association. When asked about the fundraiser, Phil ecstatically said,"I am really happy that we were able to raise a lot of money for the Canadian National Autism Foundation. We really appreciate the support from our fellow competitors and the great race fans here at Brighton Speedway”.

-Joey Ladouceur recently claimed his 100th Pro Stock DIRTcar victory this past Friday at the Mohawk International Raceway. While battling for his 101st victory, Joey disappointingly spun out at Cornwall. “It was fun to win it that way”, says Ladouceur, referring to having to come from the rear of the field to score the milestone victory.  “I have always run well here at Mohawk.  I come here and relax and try to make the most of it”.

-Just a few weeks ago, Luke Stewart made the decision to leave his home-track, Brockville, in favor of the Can-Am Motorsports Park. Throughout his weeks of competition there, he's posted four top ten finishes. Just this past Saturday night, he claimed his best finish all season, a third place finish.

-I understand this may be older news to most. But in case you didn't know, Stewart Friesen claimed the $10,000-to-win Alex Friesen Summer Nationals at the Ransomville Speedway last week. There were thirty Mighty Taco Modifieds on hand for the show, that had most of the fans out their seats. On lap-75, Stewart was able to take and secure the lead away from Chad Brachmann. It would be Brachmann finishing strong in second, Danny Johnson close behind in third, Pete Bicknell in fourth, and Erick Rudolf, who came all the way from 18th, to round out the top five.

-Last Thursday, after illness had plagued Brett Hearn for a while, he came back and left a mark, as he took home the "Mr. Dirt Track USA" title. Not only that, but he took home a cool $17,500. Hearn started 23rd, and battled from near the rear of the field to pick up the checkers over Jimmy Phelps, Andy Bachetti, Billy Decker, and Donny Corellis. “I’m totally in shock,” said Hearn in victory lane. “I really didn’t know what to expect tonight. We jumped on there with the fast time, a super fast car, then we break the car in the heat race, go to a backup car, and we didn’t know what to expect,” said Hearn, who celebrated his ninth “Mr. DIRT Track USA” win with Thursday’s victory. “If I had my best car, and I knew it was my best car, to come from 23rd here in a race is really really hard. But to come from 23rd in a backup car against this field, it’s – I gotta really think about this a little bit. I’m shocked.”

-The following tidbits of information were found on the Race Pro Weekly site today and throughout the earlier portion of the week:

Jeff Strunk was aboard the Jimmy Blewett modified at New Egypt Speedway. Blewett was in Bristol running his asphalt modified. Look for Strunk to potentially team up with Blewett for the SEF 200 at Super DIRT Week as well.

Glenn Strunk has taken over driving duties of the Rich Stankiewicz owned #2 small block modified at Grandview. Gary Hager will pilot his self-owned #44 the rest of the season. Strunk was replaced at Gagliardo Motorsports by Gary Hager a few weeks ago.

-The ROC Dirt Modified Tour is traveling to Utica-Rome tonight.

- Results for the "Jersey Rush" at New Egypt Speedway are as follows:

Modifieds:
Heat Winners: David Van Horn, Rick Laubach and Dominick Buffalino
B-Main Winner: Tommy Sheetz
Feature (30 Laps): 1. Jimmy Horton 2. Ryan Godown 3. Sam Martz 4. Sammy Piazza 5. Billy Pauch 6. Dominick Buffalino 7. Mike Illes 8. Rick Laubach 9. Jeff Strunk 10. Ron John Koczon 11. Neal Williams 12. Dave Witte 13. John Stangle 14. Tommy Carberry Jr. 15. Tommy Sheetz 16. Tommy Farrell III 17. Johnny Guarino 18. Eric Korman 19. John McClelland 20. Gary Butler 21. Danny Bouc 22. Dave Hunt 23. Randy Laird 24. David Van Horn

410 Sprint Cars:
Fastest Time: 1. Daryn Pittman
Heat Winners: Greg Hodnett, Ryan Smith and Robbie Stillwagon
Feature (30 Laps): 1. Daryn Pittman 2. Logan Schuchart 3. Frank Cozze 4. Mark Smith 5. Aaron Ott

-TOP FIVE FINISHERS:

Canandaigua Motorsports Park:
1. Billy Dunn
2. Jimmy Phelps
3. Danny Johnson
4. Matt Sheppard
5. Gary Tompkins

Woodhull Raceway:
1. Eric Fisher
2. Ray Bliss
3. Dale Welty
4. Kenny Peoples Jr.
5. Casey Pavlick

Fonda Speedway:
Feature 1:
1. Matt Delorenzo
2. Stewart Friesen
3. Danny Varin
4. Jim Davis
5. Ronnie Johnson

Feature 2:
1. Stewart Friesen
2. Ronnie Johnson
3. Matt Delorenzo
4. Jim Davis
5. Danny Varin

Fulton Speedway:
1. Tom Sears Jr.
2. Tim Sears Jr.
3. Pat Ward
4. Ryan Phelps
5. Mike Bowman

Utica-Rome Speedway:
Feature 1:
1. Matt Sheppard
2. Ronnie Johnson
3. Stewart Friesen
4. Mike Mahaney
5. Todd Burley

Feature 2:
1. Pat Ward
2. Stewart Friesen
3. Alan Johnson
4. Mike Mahaney
5. Ryan Phelps

Orange County: 
1. Jackie Brown
2. Donnie Wilson
3. Tim Hindley
4. Jerry Higbie
5. Jeff Heotzler

I-88 Speedway:
1. Rodney Hart
2. J.R. Hurlburt
3. Arnie Slade
4. Alan Barker
5. Chris Shupp

Grandview Speedway:
1. Jeff Strunk
2. Duane Howard
3. Doug Manmiller
4. Craig Vondohren
5. Ray Swinehart

Merrittville Speedway:
1. Travis Braun
2. Matt Williamson
3. Pete Bicknell
4. Chad Chevalier
5. Larry Lampman Jr.

Lebanon Valley Speedway:
1. Andy Bachetti
2. Brett Hearn
3. Matt Quinn
4. Tom Faxon
5. Jeff Kelley

-At the Missouri State Fairgrounds, 16-year-old Jordan Creason was racing his 410 sprint car when he violently flipped the car into the infield, injuring three people altogether. He would be life flighted to the nearby hospital. The other two injured were taken by ambulance. One lady is suffering from a broken leg, dislocated shoulder, and a foot in a cast. The other injured, unfortunately, had to have his/her leg amputated due to the severity of the injury. The racing community is sending a lot of prayers there way!

-Point Standings *UPDATED:* 

Super DIRTcar Series:
1. Matt Sheppard 703 Points
2. Jimmy Phelps -50 Points
3. Brett Hearn -135 Points
4. Billy Dunn -136 Points
5. Danny Johnson -158 Points

Patriot Sprint Tour:
1. Bryan Howland 1212 Points
2. Scott Kruetter 1176 Points
3. Tim Kelly 1174 Points
4. Tommy Wickham 1160 Points