Author Topic: SPENCER SPEEDWAY  (Read 3505 times)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
SPENCER SPEEDWAY
« on: August 14, 2020, 08:16:25 AM »
The racing season at Spencer is done for 2020 according to an article in the latest issue of Area Auto Racing News.The Maynard Troyer ROC for Friday September 4th will likely be moved to Lake Erie.I heard that the track is becoming overgrown with grass and weeds which reminds me of The Lost Speedway show by Dale Earnhadrt Jr.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: SPENCER SPEEDWAY
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 07:09:40 PM »
WOW i think RACENY has the COVID_19 !!!

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 07:19:06 AM »
Sadly, I think that this is a preview of most of the motorsports facilities in New York. Unlike the "stick and ballers", short tracks around the state and country aren't owned by millionaires with deep pockets, that enable them to weather a storm, such as what we're engaged in now. Combined with "Commandant Cuomo's" draconian bans on activities, as well as his apparent disdain for motorsports, I think the "death knell" for automobile racing, at least in NY, has been sounded.....

Sodus Mike

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 08:54:39 AM »
I prefer to think that maybe next year will be a great year of racing in NY
Maybe the racers have not taken their cars to the scrap yard , rather saved money by not racing this year , and maybe even worked harder on them in hopes for next year .

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 08:12:42 PM »
I dont understand how Bethel gets to keep racing every Saturday night with fans?Is it because it is closer to New York City?

tp176

• View Profile
    • TIGOR Race Components
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 08:32:36 PM »
Bethel - I know for FACT taht a promotercalled them to see what was needed to happen so they could as well and was told - no comment, sorry. Follow the money trail.....
Home of the wildest wheelers ever built - TIGOR Switches too!!!

owego26

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 02:04:09 PM »
Sorry, not really  Spencer Speedway,  BUT  it is a ???  about Mr. Excitement  Jimmy Spencer,  i  seen his name in the  Checkered Cheers  section of my AARN...   What TV  Network / station / or program  is Jimmy the Commentator ???   Just wondering , sorry...

owego26

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 12:25:47 PM »
Geeez,  Don't  feel  so  dum  now,  guess  NO ONE  knows  about  Jimmmy (mr xcitement) Spencers   LATEST   TV   JOB ...    Oh, i am sorry  i disturbed  your  post  , try not to let it happen again, well maybe anyhow...

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 07:37:34 PM »
As far as i know Jimmy Spencers TV career is toast.

owego26

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2020, 12:54:38 PM »
Thanks BOZO,  that is what i was thinkin also, but the way my  AARN paper  read  i thought maybe he re-surfaced ...

tom89tech

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2020, 07:21:16 PM »
      Jimmy
            has a small farm in Berwick, PA