Author Topic: Richie Evans Freeman Hotel in Osceola,N.Y. Question.  (Read 1246 times)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Richie Evans Freeman Hotel in Osceola,N.Y. Question.
« on: March 08, 2020, 02:14:54 PM »
I have been reading the Richie book for a second time and was wondering if anyone can narrow down its location.I took a road trip today to find it and I think I did find it but it was closed and there is a posted sign at the entrance so I did not enter the property.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Richie Evans Freeman Hotel in Osceola,N.Y. Question.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 04:08:37 PM »
This was culled from the internet, hope this helps:

The Freeman is located just off the Osceola Rd., on the Gallo Rd., about half way between West Lyden, and Osceola. If coming from West Lyden, heading West it is a right hand turn on to Gallo Rd. and as soon you turn the hotel will be on your left. Of course if you are coming from Osceola and heading East you would make a left hand turn on to Gallo rd. The Freeman does not look like a motel or hotel, but looks like a big old farmhouse.

Here is some info on the Freeman. It is not quite a Hotel or a Motel, like one would think. more of an Inn or "Bed and Breakfast" style. I equate it most to like staying at a friends camp. I,personally, like the set up, as opposed to staying at the Montague or whatever and having to go back and sit in a motel room for the rest of the night watching tv in your bed. You can hang out downstairs talk about the days ride, talk about tommorow's ride, etc... I usually also bring a bunch of snacks or munchies, some soda, beer for hanging out and drinking/eating after riding. They have a large industrial fridge is you had to store anything

At the Freeman, bedrooms are upstairs, community area downstairs. They have big screen tv w/ satellite cable, a bar (but it is BYOB and/or beer if you want to drink), some games (washers, shuffle board table). couches, wood stove (last one to bed fills the stove and stokes the fire!), full kitchen (if you want to cook). You must bring your own bedding (pillows, blankets, sheets) and linens (towels). They provide a cooked-to order hot breakfast every morning you are staying there, usually starting at 7am.

Billy Osmun and Richie Evans purchased the Freeman House as an "investment"back in the early 1980's Used more as a party/snowmobile spot for Richie and his friends during the off season.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.4622833,-75.6028214,3a,75y,346.13h,72.91t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1szseFd9cqkMkpsaNkTFYOwA!2e0!7i3328!8i1664?hl=en