Author Topic: Race of Champions Suspends Partnership With Lancaster  (Read 2767 times)

Tigerpaw333

• Champion
    • View Profile
Race of Champions Suspends Partnership With Lancaster
« on: January 01, 2020, 01:40:43 PM »
Elma, NY — Since the completion of the 2019 US Open at New York International Raceway Park, home to Lancaster National Speedway, Race of Champions management has continued its attempts to resolve issues with the facility.

To date finances for purse money due to Race of Champions have still not been paid in full, to date, and caused delayed payouts to various teams that raced that weekend (September 13, 14 and 15, 2019). The continued delays by track management not meeting terms agreed upon with the Race of Champions. Due to these circumstances Race of Champions management has opted to suspend its partnership with New York International Raceway Park, home to Lancaster National Speedway until a resolution has been reached.

The Race of Champions has paid the teams in full that participated in the event utilizing monies from Race of Champions operational funds.

“There was a meeting with speedway management after the event and the season was completed to address concerns and the terms which were previously agreed upon,” stated Joe Skotnicki, Race of Champions, owner. “It got to the point where we wanted to get teams paid and had to use some of our operational funding to accomplish this. We recognized the time gap of payment was unfair to the competitors who had not received the purse money that was due to them.”

Race of Champions management is open to discussion and would consider all options regarding all racing related items once payment is reconciled and correspondence resumes.

“I would like to work things out with the speedway, however, misinformation and speculation by racers, sponsors and fans is misleading and confusing.” Skotnicki continued, “Race of Champions wants to open all lines of communication with New York Raceway International Park and to communicate to all what is truly taking place, create a resolution, and move forward.”

Race of Champions management will provide updates in regard to this situation as progress is made.

The Race of Champions is a sanctioning body presenting Modified and Stock Car racing on asphalt and dirt surfaces throughout the Northeast, with events in New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey with primary marketing partners Hoosier Racing Tire, VP Racing Fuels, US Army, Upstate Automotive Group, Waddell Communications, Pilat Graphic Design, Jerico TDH Refrigeration, Sherwood Racing Wheels, PavedTrackDigest.com and Speed51.com. The 70th annual Race of Champions weekend will take place in 2020 at Lake Erie Speedway in North East, Pennsylvania and is the second longest consecutive auto-racing event in North America, second only to the Indianapolis 500

Report by speed 51. This doesn't look good for Lancaster

Dirt: Ransomville Speedway, Genesse Speedway Limerock
Asphalt: Lancaster  Hillside

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Race of Champions Suspends Partnership With Lancaster
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 01:38:32 PM »
This is sorta like when your girlfriend/wife dumps you and you go around telling everyone that you ditched her first, just to save face with the fellas!! 😜.... VITO +1
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

T20won

• Veteran
  • TEAM 20 RUSH Late Model
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 02:02:51 PM »
😅 exactly
Phil Knapp

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 03:17:44 PM »
Does it matter whose fault it is?  What's the upside of pointing fingers?  Apparently, the racers got paid; Yes, not as fast as they wanted.  But they still got paid!  That's one heck of a lot better than a promoter high-tailing it out of town WITHOUT paying up!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Beersy26

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 09:42:04 PM »
It certainly matters whos fault it is! If Lancaster failed to pay according to an agreement then fans and racers should not support them going forward. If RoC is is putting out false info trying to cover their butts then they should lose the support.  Wherever the issue is here everyone needs to know the truth!

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 11:51:10 PM »
I might agree with most of what you said BUT how do you guarantee what the "right" answer is?

As far as the future for the sport goes: I guess you believe in "win the battle but lose the war" scenario?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 11:08:42 AM »
FACT.....Track owner wanted to pay cash at end of US OPEN... FACT....Track owner knew guys weren’t getting paid from previous races. FACT..... old theory “rob Peter to pay Paul” .. VITO + 2

canuck5902

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 11:17:25 AM »
FACT.....Track owner wanted to pay cash at end of US OPEN... FACT....Track owner knew guys weren’t getting paid from previous races. FACT..... old theory “rob Peter to pay Paul” .. VITO + 2

The track had a deal with roc and broke their contract and the racers haave been paid as far as we know. Considering the state of asphalt racing I would support both on a race by race basis.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 11:25:04 AM »
Lancaster will be fine, Oswego and Perry have drawn good crowds and car counts... I’m sure the open shows will do fine too... hey Canuck who will be running with us at Cayuga now that the mods are off the schedule??

canuck5902

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 11:48:40 AM »
I haven't followed it very close and have no scoops. I believe they have their head line races sorted out but support classes are still in the works.