Author Topic: Don't know if this is news.....  (Read 2131 times)

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Don't know if this is news.....
« on: April 30, 2020, 02:55:09 PM »
A buddy of mine just e-mailed me......he was browsing through the 'Racing Junk' website, and lo and behold, he saw a "for sale" listing for Spencer Speedway.

pitslug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Don't know if this is news.....
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 03:10:47 PM »
Not news..... has been for sale for 2 years. Signs out by the road like any other property for sale.  If I am blessed enough to win the lottery I will buy it and save it.  If I'm not that lucky then I hope another racer is.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 05:00:25 PM »
I will buy Fulton if I am blessed by the lottery and return it to its former glory when it was one of the damn best asphalt tracks in New York State.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 07:22:42 AM »
Not news..... has been for sale for 2 years. Signs out by the road like any other property for sale. 

Apparently, when I was there last year, I didn't see the signs. I was looking forward to going there, again, this year for the ROC modified shows, but due to the "Wuhan flu" it looks like that might be out of the question. Which to me, means two things.

One, it might put some of the tracks, especially marginally operating tracks like Spencer, over the edge, and out of business. Secondly, it will put a lot of racers over the edge, financially, too. Looking forward to the 2020 racing season, I'm pretty sure that most teams spent a fair amount of money getting their race cars ready for this season.....a season that might not happen.

Crushem

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 11:36:31 AM »
ROC cancelled there events thru May2020

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 05:00:19 PM »
Based on the illustrious Governor's "iron fisted" attitude, during the current crisis we're facing, as well as his seemingly disdain for motorsports in general, I wouldn't be shocked if he tried to shut down all racing activities for the year. I'm not saying that it would be right, so don't misinterpret what I'm saying, but I just don't think that he cares at all, about any sort of motorsports.

pitslug

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 08:33:56 AM »
Saturday there was some noise from this facility.... somebody was doing a little testing.   Loved it !!