Author Topic: R.I.P. RACENY  (Read 3117 times)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
R.I.P. RACENY
« on: March 28, 2020, 07:31:33 AM »
Wow I cant believe with everybody holed up inside due to Covid 19 that no one on here has anything to talk about.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. RACENY
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 07:40:09 AM »
IMHO, this Covid crap is a "double whammy" to us western NYers. We're just coming out of our normal, 4 month hibernation called winter, and now this crap hits us, threatening to keep us cooped up for an indefinite amount of time......might even kill off the 2020 racing season!!      >:(

I know that this isn't a political discussion site, for the most part, so I'll just say this....it seems to me, that the way and rate at which this virus is spreading, is VERY suspicious. Too quickly and too widespread. I'll let it go at that.

Anyway, I wish the best of health to everyone.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 11:06:47 AM »
Naaah not RIP, it's dormant...like a volcano. It will spring to life again soon!  ;)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 04:34:51 PM »
I sure hope so.

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 11:08:06 PM »
man this corona will delay the season to start in mid july/ estimate being first US death January peak of virus as of now April 30th then the other side of the bell curve EST Last death in July// PER CDC// China started in december by lying to the world about this disease then 6 months later are starting to come back to normal

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 04:47:13 PM »
Man this corona will delay the season to start in mid july/ estimate being first US death January peak of virus as of now April 30th then the other side of the bell curve EST Last death in July// PER CDC// China started in december by lying to the world about this disease then 6 months later are starting to come back to normal

With all due respect to those who have/will perish due to this "cluster", and condolences to their families, if the racing season has any chance of getting in, the promoters are going to have to use the old "rain date" philosophy, and run on Wednesdays, too.  Can you imagine the "old curmudgeons" near Spencer's flipping out????

Paul

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 11:18:43 AM »
Since the asphalt season typically starts later in May here in wny I have some confidence that we will get most of the season in.  Even if you disagree please don't burst my bubble...

Crushem

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 11:43:35 AM »
Better get use to watching iracing on tv for awhile

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 05:53:35 PM »
I agree with Crushem.  Just because this thing might peek on April 30th, that doesn't mean that everyone goes back to normal.  There is going to be a de-escalation period that will take a while. 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 02:41:26 PM »
 I agree with crushem & goggle; there is/will be, many new ways to "watch races" this season, we might have to get used to watching "I" racing for a while, to get that racing fix.
 As we all know, there is still a lot of dying going on around the world. IMO, we won't get back to "Normal", at least as we remember it.  Strong "Recommendations" in regards to "physical" distancing this YEAR and how we move forward as RESPONSIBLE human beings, im sorry to say, might reflect decisions to have gatherings at a race track.
 I Love Racing, but we have to think about the big picture for now.