Author Topic: Racing Movies List  (Read 39473 times)

blackjackracing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • blackjack-johnson.com
Re: Racing Movies List
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2013, 04:43:04 PM »
Checkpoint

Checkpoint 1956
BOB JOHNSON
"Faster than a greased cheetah strapped to the front of a bullet train"
www.QUICKSKINZ.com

blackjackracing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • blackjack-johnson.com
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2017, 09:24:36 PM »
Hey guys and gals...it's been a while. Thought I would bring this old gem of a thread back out of semi-retirement.
If you go out to YouTube you can find a lot of the movies on this list.
Recently I've watched Alabama Dirt (originally slated to be released as LA Dirt) and also Rocksteady which was filmed at Accord in the Catskills.
One to add:
Cars 3... 2017
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Horn…
BOB JOHNSON
www.QUICKSKINZ.com

todd52modified

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2017, 06:54:16 AM »
Wasn't there a movie, i think with Paul Newman where is was in an Indy car driving across the country?  Something had happened to the country and and to the tracks and I think Indy had all kinds of weeds and was overgrown?  I remember seeing this as a kid so maybe in late 70's early 80's???  Been trying to remember this for like years now!   lol
DID I mention I still have my suit.........

blackjackracing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • blackjack-johnson.com
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2017, 07:04:58 PM »
I can't remember a movie with Paul Newman that matches your description. He did the movie "Winning" which centered around racing and focused on the Indy 500.
BOB JOHNSON
www.QUICKSKINZ.com

35mmracer

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2017, 12:31:00 PM »
Wasn't there a movie, i think with Paul Newman where is was in an Indy car driving across the country?  Something had happened to the country and and to the tracks and I think Indy had all kinds of weeds and was overgrown?  I remember seeing this as a kid so maybe in late 70's early 80's???  Been trying to remember this for like years now!   lol

Not Paul Newman - Lee Majors.  The Last Chase

IMDB listing:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082642/

Here's one copy of the movie you can watch online (not sure if there are better versions elsewhere):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dOi49_U1hg

Someone is selling it on DVD on Amazon for $500!  A few VHS ones on eBay.  You can find some apparently bootleg copies on iOffer ( http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/the+last+chase ).

Also looks like the movie was once on Mystery Science Theater 3000.  Nothing like watching the film with hecklers.

I'm also not sure if this falls into the category of a "racing movie", but the title of this Lee Majors film reminded me of The Chase with Charlie Sheen, Kristy Swanson, singer Henry Rollins and Ray Wise (Twin Peaks). Great ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is5Kt1sdbUE  (uploader unfortunately sped up the film)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:01:57 PM by 35mmracer »

todd52modified

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2017, 07:24:11 AM »
That's it, Thanks!!!  I've been trying to remember this movie for ages
DID I mention I still have my suit.........

35mmracer

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2017, 08:40:36 AM »
That's it, Thanks!!!  I've been trying to remember this movie for ages

NP.  I just went into Google and, based on the first sentence in your post, typed "movie indy car driving across country" and it was right there at the top of the search results.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:47:49 AM by 35mmracer »