Author Topic: Thank you, "Captain Obvious"--raceny members have been saying this for years!!!  (Read 4206 times)

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

dirttrackrocker

• Champion
    • View Profile
But, people outside of this group don't pay attention to what is said here. People pay attention to Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart.
If you're driving on the edge... You're trespassing on my property!!!!!!!

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
But, people outside of this group don't pay attention to what is said here. People pay attention to Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart.

I'll bet NASCAR is paying attention, too!  Let's see what (if any) their response will be!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

smallguy

• Veteran
  • Last of the Time Lords
    • View Profile
I'm making perfect sense, you're just having a hard time keeping up! ... Matt Smith (Doctor Who)

Welshans32

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I agree with the point their trying to make, but I don't consider the k and n series to be very "grassroots"

dirttrackrocker

• Champion
    • View Profile
Why would they get called to the hauler? They said nothing about NASCAR, their comments were directed towards the management of the track.
If you're driving on the edge... You're trespassing on my property!!!!!!!

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Harvick made some good points, but on the other hand, he reminded me of something that Rusty Wallace said, quite a while ago. When he was asked why he curtailed his "short track" appearances, he said that he was tired of some of the local "hot shots" wanting to take a cheap shot at him, so they could brag to their friends that they put Rusty Wallace in the wall..............

herm

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Isnt that what happened to him at Spencers.

herm

• Veteran
    • View Profile
This disconnect happened to Indycars after they broke up the old Championship Trail after the 1970 season. Sure things were alright for awhile until the established stars retired. With the dirt tracks removed where the future stars were groomed and became household names it wasnt long before the field was filled with drivers fans had no connection with.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Isn't that what happened to him at Spencers.

I didn't want to say that, because I wasn't 100% sure, but yeah, that's what I was thinking.

ask0329

Grass routes now a days in my opinion is 4cyl racing. Street Stocks to some extent but they are kind of a dieing breed around here in NY and basically pro stocks. I think we are starting to see it a little more and more but hopefully the tuner kids can get involved with 4cyl racing to increase the numbers. Some will linger but naturally some may move up.

I know the big push or idea now a days is that sportsman more precisely novice sportsman is the new beginner class. Almost kind of feel that's unrealistic but I see how people believe that.

lynchmobb

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Isn't that what happened to him at Spencers.

That's what I remember also. I think Wallace cut back on the special appearances shortly after he was trashed at Spencer.