Author Topic: Chemung speedrome gets the Go ahead to race and have FANS IN THE STANDS july24t  (Read 13523 times)

cnyraceguy

• View Profile
1. Nobody is required to go to the race track...or any other place where there are people. Don't feel safe, stay home.

2. Rules have been established for safety. Don't like them, stay home.

Map from CDC website showing the most recent transmission rates: first is 2019-20.

Second map was same time frame 2008-09.

Again, exercising my freedom of choice allowed me by NY state, I'll be there.

Racingfanatic12

• View Profile
I just don't understand some of these crazy rules this has got to be the smartest virus known to man kind with the rules they have put in place to stop it.  In the very beginning the only mask cleared for use was the n95 that are supposed to block small particles and once compromised with saliva and moisture after a few hours become compromised.  These mask are not highly recommended for reuse.  You rarely even see this type of mask in public. Then you have the surgical mask you commonly see are designed to only block large particles and these mask are meant for 1 time use.  Then you have the "sock" idk about everyone else but most of my socks and scarves if lightly pulled on you can see skin underneath!? What are we protecting here. I know I can't get enough masks to replace mine and my families everything i go out and i hardly doubt many others are either.  There has been study sneezes can go up to 13 feet yet 6 feet is fine.  There has been studies covid can spread from flushing toilets with airborne particles i bet most people don't keep mask on in the john.  My kids don't need mask at a restaurant but they do in school?  You social distance in the airport but last time I was on a plane in May your crammed right together just makes me scratch my head. I feel bad for the families who have lost someone to this..but because not everything nationwide was not shut down or COULDN'T  be in the beginning all we did was slow it and its gonna continue to spread and they said that in the beginning it will continue I am not gonna loose my quality of life for a year or two until the next pop up bird flu swine flu excedra its bad enough my kids generation is going to grow up thinking we should handle every pandemic/flu like this 6 feet apart, wear mask, stay home, skip school, collect big unemployment and i fear for the new America that will emerge out of this. How is it they can control crowds at races to protect health  of others and take away that freedom but you can riot and protest and thats ok what about people spreading the covid and becoming a health risk there, OH wait i forgot they are expressing themselves and thats ok if people die from that why didn't they get shut down?  Better yet we worry about the lives lost from this sickness but what is abortion totals sorry for the long talk actually I'm not!

cnyraceguy

• View Profile
This virus is bad stuff...especially for people who have compromised cardiovascular systems. That being said, if you know you are at risk, or will be around someone who is at risk, take precautions. Most healthy people recover from it like any other flu.  The "standard" varieties of flu will kill a few health people every year. They've come a long way in treatment for the sickest people including rarely using intubators now.  It doesn't spread any different than other flu viruses (contrary to many early news reports).  It is going to be interesting what the country will do every time there is a flu outbreak in an area. That is why I posted what happened in 2008-09. Lots of very sick people but we didn't close the country. Go to the CDC site to look at past outbreaks.

chuck25

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Don’t get me wrong, taking precautions is a good thing, my point is this. If I can out to eat with a mask, and once I sit down at a table take that mask off. Then race fans should be allowed to sit in the stands with a mask if that’s what they are ok with. No harm done if you ask me. Open the tracks n go racing.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Somewhere in this is country dave I'll bet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-3LPWbUvaQ
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I guessin'?.... maybe im in this??...but..heres a sure bet... i bet ya I can't see what you want me to see....my comp sez error when i click on the red triangle thing...so can't see what you mean, utica....in case your lookin' for me , i'm the starter at NHIS ...LOL

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
SO IS CHEMUNG RACING OR NOT ON FRIDAY JULY 24th???

Racingfanatic12

• View Profile
As per there facebook page it look a they are going to be racing. 

Welshans32

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Hey Race Ny'ers...Attn; Utica Mike & Lead ft 4...I'm just pointing out why our state has strict guidelines....I want to go racin' ! I' guess I shouldn't use words like Recommend, Responsible or Necessary. Some NY'ers might see/say 98.5% having no I''ll Effects... but if you turn the channel you see: FOUR Million American People AFFECTED, Infected; could not take a breath, leading to 145,000 Americans Dead. I guess I should not of said Big Picture, as some people refer this as $, not life! (so....then what) (Maybe have this country be UNITED and not have 50 states to fend for themselves like we've been doin' for the last 5 months!)(Canada used a UNITED - TEAM Canada - approach and stopped the spread)  I would like to add a thumbnail of what is happening to the USA because we cannot stop the spread! Oh and buy the way, just in case anyone throws this into the equation - the flu killed 34,200 Americans last year with a vaccine.........Covid-19 is projected to hit 500,000 dead if we dont stop it, with no vaccine.
If you're scared, stay home. It's a free country not red China. You really believe their bs numbers? I bet 34,000 died from the flu this year, but they'll be chalked up as covid. Just like drug ods car accidents and everything else is.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Did they get to race and if so who won?I know the New York Super Stocks were supposed to be there.I would also like to mention that all of this infighting on this site should stop and all racers be it drivers ,fans,promoters,etc band together for the good of the sport.

justmark

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • WNYRaceZone - Western New York Racing News
Zack Curren #94 won in Sunoco Modified over Tony Hanbury. Nick Robinson #15 won the NYSS that ended on lap 27 out of 40 when the lights went out - twice.
Captain History
FOAR SCORE Club Historian

"Life's too short, man"

Be kinder than necessary as everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle: Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Did they get to race and if so who won?I know the New York Super Stocks were supposed to be there.I would also like to mention that all of this infighting on this site should stop and all racers be it drivers ,fans,promoters,etc band together for the good of the sport.

"BOZO", it's not infighting, it's discussion. Unfortunately, the "supposed experts" can't seem to come to a unanimous conclusion, which most certainly leaves the general public hanging in the breeze. Furthermore, it's not just for the good of the sport, that the situation gets resolved, it's for the good of the United States, as well as the rest of the world....

Hoosierfan22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Were the state police called to investigate the generator fiasco last night?   Chemung Speedrome employees stated it was shut off intentionally.   So was it shut off twice intentionally?   Was someone guarding it the 2nd time it was shut off?   Can anyone tell me what the curfew stipulations are at Chemung?   I thought they were allowed to go over curfew a couple times a year which should not be a problem given this was the first race.

Shadow31

• View Profile
I certainly hope so!! if there were cars going at full speed and some DUMD ***** did that. its like trying to kill someone!!!

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
I certainly hope so!! if there were cars going at full speed and some DUMD ***** did that. its like trying to kill someone!!!

I agree!!

WAY back when, that happened a couple of times at Spencer's, but it was most definitely accidental. That old generator that they had, set up in the old Dodge milk truck, in the center of the infield, would get a little "cranky" at times....