Author Topic: WCIS rain date Oct 11th Rules? Tires?  (Read 4665 times)

#99 Vintage Racer

• Rookie
  • For the love of short track racing!
    • View Profile
WCIS rain date Oct 11th Rules? Tires?
« on: October 05, 2014, 11:16:19 AM »
Will it be American racers only?  Or a comparable tire?  F75's, 980's, used 1070's or Big ten tires?     No vortec heads?   
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 11:48:08 AM by #99 Vintage Racer »
~Racin Rip~

racingho

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: WCIS rain date Oct 11th Rules? Tires?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 05:03:24 PM »
what are the tire rules for this race???????

fortynine

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 06:44:20 PM »
just asking....if there is rain next saturday the 11th, is sunday a make up day? i have a broken race car and i have bills tickets........and i agree the right call was made as far as cancelling. hopefully more cars and more fans if the weather cooperates next weekend = money maker for the track which they deserve.

GOODGUYSRBACK

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 08:10:32 PM »
99VR from what i understand he is allowing used 1070s purchased from NYSS which are $25  each, all other wcis rules have to be followed.   They dont allow vortec heads in their rules.  If you want top pm me I will get you in touch with the race director.   A deal was almost in place for NYSS rules for this race but no dice, apparently the turn out wasnt to good and they think opening up the tires to something more affordable might help.  The bodies and vortec rule is tough because a lot of the super stock cars out there have one of the two of those.  Good luck!

41 plymouth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 08:21:57 PM »
Thinking about going to WCIS next week.   Anybody have the car counts from last Sat?  Trying to decide between WCIS and Super Dirt Week.  Thanks in advance.

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 09:27:34 PM »
Thinking about going to WCIS next week.   Anybody have the car counts from last Sat?  Trying to decide between WCIS and Super Dirt Week.  Thanks in advance.

I heard 22 sportsman, 5 super stocks, and 12 4 cylinders.
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

GarySS1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 10:20:42 AM »
Can someone from the track verify tires and rules??

GOODGUYSRBACK

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 07:56:49 PM »
Gary

Its in the press release section holland charger or NYSS tires allowed all other WCIS rules must be followed, Jims number is there if you want to contact him.  Maybe if a bunch of guys show we can have a NYSS race there next year!

fortynine

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 08:02:42 PM »
to all the race fans out there......come out and watch a good day of racing.....closer than syracuse for most. should be a good show! hope the weather cooperates. looking good so far. to the lancaster guys and us open spectators bring your cars and or stadium blankets and join us.

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 08:41:33 PM »
Larry otts column says rules opened up to nyss and Holland charger rules.

GOODGUYSRBACK

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »
It says in that article they opened up the TIRE rule, so again its just the tires WCIS rules are in effect but you can choose what TIRE you want to run.