Author Topic: ROC schedule  (Read 15818 times)

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: ROC schedule
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 05:51:18 PM »
I've only been to Wyoming twice, for the two ROC shows, but I've really enjoyed the place. Was really hoping to be back there again this year!

Pops6@25

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »
Betsy RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!
GO MIKE and PAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

todd52modified

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 09:34:56 PM »
I gotta say I always enjoyed going and racing at WCIS
DID I mention I still have my suit.........

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 10:42:29 PM »
Expect a change of at least one of the dates on the schedule.

Jim -- would you care to elaborate?
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

Beersy26

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2011, 03:44:32 PM »
racemom,very well stated.  Thank you

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, 06:09:12 PM »
Get in the boat Phredo.
Kareem of Wheet

cscracer29

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 12:09:17 AM »
racemom:

Please re-read my post.  Though I said WCIS was a "lil run down", I am not faulting it for needing "some paint or a board to be nailed", as you put it.  In fact, I stated that WCIS was "certainly not a dump not at all".

You have made a passionate plea of support for WCIS, i.e., that because it is a family run track we should look past its faults and blindly support it.  Yet, you did not address ANY of the concerns I mentioned regarding car counts, tech, etc.  Greeting people with a smile, while important and appreciated, clearly isn't enough to get cars to the track...

I have watched for 15 years as teams, fans, and now even the ROC, have fled WCIS.  SST is all but dead, and WCIS has done nothing but further isolate itself with every passing year.  Ticket prices have increased, while car counts have decreased.  Why should I pay more for less racing?

Also, to be clear, are you saying that because I have never owned a track, I can't criticize one?  Well, have you ever made a feature film?  Probably not, but I bet you have criticized a 'bad movie' before.  Have you ever had a bad meal, or poor service at a restaurant before?  If so, did you not criticize it and keep eating there just because it was a 'family owned' business?  I hope not, that would be a disservice, both to you and the business. 

People have opinions, and most businesses would kill to find out what people really think about them.  Maybe thats the problem at WCIS: any criticism is rapidly dismissed as being negative, and they just stay the course and watch the place slip further away.

I admire your passion, as I do Jim's.  But I would trade being greeted with a smile for being greeted by more cars, more fans in the stands, and a consistent application of the rules.

Gertie33

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 12:27:13 PM »
First of all this reply & all the previous opinions good & bad posted about WCIS should probably be posted under "Whats your track doing good or bad" blog. I'd like to say, Betsy, you go get 'em girl!! Your right on & as far as the negative opinions posted by others I'd like to comment on them. First thing is I'd like to address is car count. I'm not sure what economy your living in but the one I'm living in sucks & money is just not there for us to compete weekly & I know friends of ours can't afford to attend weekly because of the gas & distance to go to WCIS. So bottom line is that WCIS's location is hurting them. I'll also add that I attended every track west of Oswego & SL2 & fannies in the stands were light everywhere. Also, on a positive note Jim did increase the purses for both the SST & super stock classes & that didn't seem to make a difference other than car counts could have been worse.  He also tried to change the tires in the SST series because it was going to add money to the drivers yearend point fund but other track owners weren't willing to give up there hush hush deals with Hossier that put money in their pockets. 2nd item I can't agree with is your shot at the tech barn because I don't know what your beef is specifically. I can tell you as a owner of a 4 cyl team & been on the receiving end of a DQ or 2 they stuck to the rules as written. I wasn't happy but when your winning you better be perfect. The other point is the tech guy has been there,@ Dunn & the SST series tech guy for years. Must be doing something right!!!! 3rd item facility improvements. I spend some six weeks this past spring making improvements to the place. I put a new vanity in the ladies rest room, got the track signals all working, painted the starter stand, painted the track name on the wall & as much of the back stretch wall as paint would go, got the track sweeper working, painted new lines on the track, replaced wood & painted  the family seating section & painted the rail along the front straight. So in closing your opinions are welcome but maybe you should look a little closer before you criticize. And as the old saying goes," opinions are like azz holes & everyone has one".
These are the opinions of
The Flyin Hamburger & not Gertie33
It is amazing how much you can accomplish when it doesn't matter who gets the credit.

Beersy26

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 04:29:04 PM »
csc,racemom was referring to pencil calling the place a dump and disagreeing with you on your opinions.

45 super

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 05:18:35 PM »
nice hamburd. wells aid betsy. opinions are great but i am sure that jim would talk to you if you have any ideas on how to bring in cars and people. raising prise funds - didn't work. changing tires didn't work. it is a buisness and you cant just give things away. i dont think that wcis has the highest front gate fees. they don't have the highest back gate fees. what more do you want. you can't make people come. if all you here is people bashing a place you wouldnt go either. the track does the best it can to make your night enjoyable. if thats not enough i don't know what to tell you. i enjoy racing there weekly. do i get mad yes but i go back every week. can't please every one.  JMO

Brad Collings
             45 super stock
You gotta turn right to go left.   Hudson Hawk

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 05:42:11 PM »
Dunn Tire Moves ROC race one week earlier, now June 11.

So far, Spencer is still June 17, so I guess it won't be a double race that weekend.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 08:44:19 PM »
racemom,very well stated.  Thank you

Pssssst.......don't anybody tell Beersy but UticaMike agrees with him.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:48:32 PM by uticamike »
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Beersy26

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2011, 04:15:57 PM »
I heard that! ;)