Author Topic: New York Super Stocks Tour to Welcome Rookie Driver Amber VanOrden  (Read 432 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile

New York Super Stocks Tour to Welcome Rookie Driver Amber VanOrden

By Shylo Fuchs

Amber of Hawley, PA will be at the wheel of the #17 super stock that is owned by Steve Vasey. The car previously ran on the NYSS tour by Ken Atkins was going to be without a driver for the 2018 season since Atkins decided to build his own ride for the upcoming season.  Vasey had seen VanOrden run her street stock at Bethel Motor Speedway and offered her the ride at the end of the 2017 season. 

Amber started racing at the age of 13 in a go-kart, soon moved into a 4 cylinder and at the age of 17 she moved into the street stock class and success soon followed.  She earned the title of “Rookie of the Year” in 2011 and has since picked up 34 wins and 3 championships respectively.

She is very excited to be moving up and joining the New York Super Stocks this season.  She is ever thankful to Steve for offering her this opportunity and she knows that this will be a huge learning experience, giving her the opportunity to not only learn the new tracks she will be traveling to but also to learn a new car.  She says “It will be a fun challenge for me after becoming so comfortable in a street stock the past 7 years.”

Ever the racer, Amber will also be running a limited schedule on dirt in the purestock class at Accord Speedway.  She says that “as a female driver I feel like people doubt me, so it’s always fun to prove people wrong!”

She can not thank Steve Vasey enough for this opportunity and would also like to send thanks out to her Dad, Mom and Kenny.  Of course none of this would be possible without her sponsors as well, which include Grimm Construction, Roadhouse Camper & RV, A. Jones Electric, Branning Plumbing & Heating and S. Utegg Rim Protected Tire Mounting. 

We can’t wait for Amber VanOrden to join us at the New York Super Stocks opener on Friday June 1st at Spencer Speedway, Williamson, NY.