Author Topic: oldies but goodies  (Read 1827271 times)

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: oldies but goodies
« Reply #1860 on: September 05, 2011, 09:54:46 AM »
Thanks for finding the coupe! It's great! Here's a pic of Evans leadingt Waltrip late in the 79 race at Daytona. pic by Dale Welty, all rights resmurfed.

blackjackracing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • blackjack-johnson.com
« Reply #1861 on: September 05, 2011, 12:39:12 PM »
Dale...those shots are smurftastic
BOB JOHNSON
"Faster than a greased cheetah strapped to the front of a bullet train"
www.QUICKSKINZ.com

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: September 06, 2011, 11:01:53 PM »
Here's one from 1972 Daytona. It's Linda Vauhn (sp) better known as Miss Hurst Shifter!!! I think my Dad shot this as it's a slide from a 110 instamatic . She sure was popular back in the day. Maybe not as popular as Richard Petty but a close second!

argonrcn

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: September 06, 2011, 11:45:37 PM »
Here's one from 1972 Daytona. It's Linda Vauhn (sp) better known as Miss Hurst Shifter!!! I think my Dad shot this as it's a slide from a 110 instamatic . She sure was popular back in the day. Maybe not as popular as Richard Petty but a close second!

RICHARD WHO????
I REMEMBER, SHE GOT A LOT OF COVERAGE BACK THEN. BACK TO REALITY. NAME THE FAMOUS PEOPLE IN THESE PICTURES!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WELL, NOT ALL FAMOUS, BUT I STILL HAD TO POST SOME HOOTERS GIRLS.

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: September 07, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »
Must be Dutch Hoag in the Coach. Looks like Ben Stevens back in the middle of the turn but it's a long way over there! Brand new wall and serface on the track!!!

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: September 07, 2011, 10:19:25 PM »
This is from 1972 at Daytona. I think this may be from the Permetex 300 Sportsman race. Does anyone know the #50? Even by 1972 standards that tow truck looks pretty old.....might be Mater himself!

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: September 07, 2011, 10:29:16 PM »
Here's one from the 1979 Daytona Speed Weeks. This might be from the Twin Qualifier and not the 500. Petty, Pearson and Waltrip crash off turn four down into the catch-all barrier where so many ended up and several nearly cleared and almost flew into the garage area, Ricky Rudd for one. It's a lot safer since they paved this area and reshaped the retainer area! Pic by DALE

Torpedotom

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Epic Ventures Motorsports Group
« Reply #1867 on: September 08, 2011, 12:02:37 AM »
A much belated "thank you" to Al Clark for the Shangri-La program reprints a couple pages back. First it was great to see old friend Dave Hocking from 1972 when he drove the #88 for my good friend David London. Shame it's a crash. Then it was nice to see some pics of the #5 of Larry Edwards (1971) which was the #50 my Dad had in 1970 which was the last car built by Dick Mangus (#35 with drivers Norm Macelreath & Mike Miller - 1969).

Thanks for the smile Al.
Tom Fecteau
I've got a lot of stories and a few of them are even true. I've just forgotten which are which.

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: September 08, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »
Claychamp,

What made you think it was Dutch in the coach shown in post #1863?  Looks like one of Ozzie's #81s to me.  Would Dutch have been driving it for some reason?  Just curious, as I don't ever remember that scenario.

argonrcn

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: September 08, 2011, 08:42:39 AM »
Claychamp,

What made you think it was Dutch in the coach shown in post #1863?  Looks like one of Ozzie's #81s to me.  Would Dutch have been driving it for some reason?  Just curious, as I don't ever remember that scenario.

1966 PHOTO, COACH IS LEE OSBORNE. IF YOU LOOK CLOSE YOU CAN SEE THE ROOF FLARE ON THE COUPE BEHIND. THAT IS PROBABLY THE #18 OF DUTCH.  THE PERSON ON LEFT WAS WHO I WAS TALKING ABOUT. THAT IS DEAN HOAG. AND OF COURSE FRAN GITCHELL ON THE FLAGSTAND.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: September 08, 2011, 05:19:45 PM »
1966 PHOTO, COACH IS LEE OSBORNE. IF YOU LOOK CLOSE YOU CAN SEE THE ROOF FLARE ON THE COUPE BEHIND. THAT IS PROBABLY THE #18 OF DUTCH.  THE PERSON ON LEFT WAS WHO I WAS TALKING ABOUT. THAT IS DEAN HOAG. AND OF COURSE FRAN GITCHELL ON THE FLAGSTAND.

You saw race cars in that post????

:o

argonrcn

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: September 08, 2011, 05:35:18 PM »

You saw race cars in that post????

YEA, ONLY CAUSE I POSTED IT. !!!! MIDI MILLER, MS. DIRT 199? AT SUPER DIRT WEEK. I REMEMBER IT WAS COOL AND DAMP AND IN THE LOW FORTYS. I DON'T KNOW WHO WON THE RACE. THE OTHER  SHOT WAS AT POCONO IN THE EARLY 90'S.

:o

Rocket88

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: September 08, 2011, 06:30:26 PM »
Torpedo Tom: I thought Mike and Norm drove the #86??
Support your local racer

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: September 08, 2011, 06:55:36 PM »
YEA, ONLY CAUSE I POSTED IT. !!!! MIDI MILLER, MS. DIRT 199? AT SUPER DIRT WEEK. I REMEMBER IT WAS COOL AND DAMP AND IN THE LOW FORTYS.

Good shot! 

I knew the young lady looked familiar, but just couldn't remember her name. Wasn't she married to Scott Bloomquist for a while?

argonrcn

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: September 08, 2011, 07:52:28 PM »

Good shot! 

I knew the young lady looked familiar, but just couldn't remember her name. Wasn't she married to Scott Bloomquist for a while?
[/quote]

Yep she was married to Scott. Here is a shot of her and Cecil King at Philly in 05. There was a reunion of like 15 or so of past Ms. Dirt winners . I had trouble getting a shot of the racecar, cause the girl in pink wouldn't move. And of course more Hooters girls. Boy at least I am not getting bored , waiting for the flood to get over!!!!