Author Topic: Chemung 7/29  (Read 9667 times)

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
Chemung 7/29
« on: July 29, 2016, 06:55:54 PM »
Good field of cars in all classes.

Bandileros 11
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 08:48:03 PM by Ernie »
They REALLY hate the truth :)

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
Re: Chemung 7/29
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 08:25:24 PM »
1st sst heat race, Dinglebury is smoking tires through every turn.

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 09:30:40 PM »

Bandileros 11
4 Cyl 12?
Legends 17
SS 7 but only only 6 started
SST 18
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:26:21 PM by Ernie »

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 10:27:59 PM »
Dinglebury is either ramming them or brake checking them.

lracin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 12:43:03 AM »
It was great wasn't it ? Looks like little bro Z beat  big brother. Lol. Either way...it was a bit of a wild night to say the least. Big bad security was at it's best too. Lol. Turner for vice president !!!

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 01:56:44 AM »
Yeah, they had to call the Sheriff for some of Dinglebury's Kindergarten squad that he calls a pit crew. TJ schooled Dinglebury, who was all over, driving way over his head, as usual. After the race in the pits, one of his Kindergarten squad tried to get mouthy with Turner then wanted to start crap with the Z's. The best part is that Yuck, or Yeck, or whatever he calls himself, is just a little pip squeak of a punk, one of my daughters could stomp him with ease. Was quite a humorous evening.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 08:46:44 AM »
Who is dinglebury  Hanbury???

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 09:24:49 AM »

Bandileros 11
4 Cyl 12?
Legends 17
SS 7 but only only 6 started
SST 18

Wow, just wow.

The sport is in deep serious doo doo if those numbers are considered "good field of cars in all classes". I'm not picking on Chemung here, just the notion that those car counts are considered "good" these days. That just doesn't bode well for the future of the sport.
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 10:03:38 AM »
Who is dinglebury  Hanbury???

Yep, that's him.

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 10:38:56 AM »
Think they might have better #s in SS & Mods if John "Brainiac" White ran Chemung on Sat. or Sun., instead of Fridays, against Spencer??  DUH!

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2016, 10:46:18 AM »
There are locals missing that aren't running at Spencer.

moselli

• Rookie
  • Stuff happens 2 days before the day after tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 01:23:47 PM »
Disappointment is the only word that I can come up for my visit to Chemung last night. 

Perfect weather, great crowd, healthy field of cars, four hours to complete the program but the inability of track management to get the Modified Feature in before the curfew with about half of the laps completed does not encourage me to return.   

I enjoy and have respect for all of the classes that race, but the reason I come to Chemung for a race is to see the Mods.

Yes, I understand that stuff happens. 

But, I don't care to pay for a ticket and buy food at the concession stand to not see a Modified race...

Moselli
"God gave us family so we wouldn't have to fight with strangers."

bowtie8383

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 01:28:13 PM »
Almost every Friday night at the Drome. I leave that place wondering what Turner feels like. He has been there since the gates opened (I believe) he has made numerous friends, and I think he does his job well. Has a lot of respect from the competitors and crews. There always has to be a sour group though. Instead of bashing the staff why don't you sit back and think the position those people put theirselves in weekly. Have I ever spoke to Turner personally, NO! But, I give kudos to that man and the job he does.

Modules

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 01:58:53 PM »
Mosellii. I agree 100%.  This is he same problem they have week after week. Running 6-7 laps after the lineup is correct just so a certain car that's in the pits doesn't lose a lap is a joke. The whole time the flaggers were looking back at the tower asking what to do. Especially when you are getting close to the curfew. I don't understand how teams don't know where they are starting in their heat races.  They had to run a bunch extra laps in the 4 cyl because guys didn't line up correctly for their heat race.

Hyperguy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 03:04:33 PM »
The division that the most time for the number of laps is Bandoleros. They take on average 15-18 minutes to run the 10 lap feature. I am not suggesting to cut the division but something should be done. Maybe after the 3rd caution you call it complete. I understand it is a beginner division and they are kids, but they take by far the longest amount of time per lap ran.