Author Topic: Mayfield's July 6 test positive for meth  (Read 33288 times)

RISK IT 06

• View Profile
Re: Mayfield's July 6 test positive for meth
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 02:58:57 PM »
THE GUY IS LUCKY TO BE IN THE SPORT, WHY THE HECK SCREW IT UP. STUPID!!

santerre44

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 04:10:15 PM »
What puzzles me is if you are suing NASCAR and you know they will be testing you again, why would you still use? He doesn't seem that stupid so I have to wonder if there is some truth to what he is saying. I don't think this will ever be completely resolved to anyone's satisfaction. There will be those who think he is guilty and others who will suspect NASCAR of shady behavior. Lose, lose situation for everyone. JMO.

Racin_Nut

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 04:15:25 PM »
Nothing like getting thrown under the bus by your own Stepmother!  He was quoted as saying "she is an A**hole and doesn't know what she's talking about". Translation.....Denial is the purest form of guilt.  Get the dude help before he takes the gas pipe!!
If it's fair and just, chances are is just isn't fair!

Turbo01

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 04:47:05 PM »
He is filing a wrongful death suit against his "stepmother". He claims she shot and killed his father in '07. He says she is a whore and a gold digger. He says he has spent no more than 10 hours of his life in her presence. This in an article I read on Jayski.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:48:51 PM by Turbo01 »

asphaltracer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 10:29:04 PM »
What makes me want to side with Jeremy through this whole ordeal is the fact that Ray Everham has stated publicly that he doesn't believe that Jeremy was ever a user.  Now anyone that knows the past history of these two, (Jeremy blew the whistle on Ray and Erin Crockers relationship)  you wouldn't think Ray would give this issue one lousy minute of his time.  It definately shows that Rays is a class act.  As far as Nascar goes, they got a whole lot more money than Jeremy, and as we all know, with money comes great power.  If Jeremy is truly innocent, then I can understand his passion about proving his innocence, as I was once involved in a court case where I knew the opposition was lying her ***** off. Just my opinion.

rg23

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 11:57:30 PM »
He should sell his meth recipe to make money.

John_unaman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 02:45:03 AM »
This case has me puzzeled, as someone else said how stupit would you have to be to use the drug again if you know a second test is coming ? I still remember the ordeal that Tim Richmond went through with Nascar. I gonna have to side with Mayfield on this because as I understand this, it's Nascars own doctors that are checking the tests, some judge should step in and have a series of independent tests done by a third party. Just wonder what he did to pi$$ off Nascar........

deacon3j

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 03:05:50 AM »
Here's an idea on how to settle this ordeal once and for all. The judge in the court picks 2 labs, has JM give them the samples required, be them urine and/or hair. If they come back positive, he's done racing in NASCAR. If they come back negative, he's proven his case and NASCAR owes him a ton of $ for defamation of character. Either way, his Cup career is most likely over. Unfortunately he is a marked man!
It's entirely possible that JM using Adderal which is an amphetamine and combining Claritin could give a false positive. I got caught up in this same scenario with a drug I was prescribed after surgery last year. My test came back saying I had THC in my system! I haven't touched any marijuana in probably 20 years! Only after giving the company my prescription bottle was I allowed to go back to work.
Deacon

John_unaman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 03:12:00 AM »
deacon3j, that's exactly what I was trying to put in print.
Now you just need an independent judge.

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 07:51:14 AM »
Here's an idea on how to settle this ordeal once and for all. The judge in the court picks 2 labs, has JM give them the samples required, be them urine and/or hair. If they come back positive, he's done racing in NASCAR. If they come back negative, he's proven his case and NASCAR owes him a ton of $ for defamation of character. Either way, his Cup career is most likely over. Unfortunately he is a marked man!
That would be the simplest way to resolve this whole mess.  Unfortunately, whenever lawyers are involved it's never simple.  In the mean time, everyone needs to remember that Mayfield is innocent until proven guilty.  Anyone who remembers how nascar handled the whole Tim Richmond thing should be very suspicious of nascar and their motives in this case.  
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

oldguy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 11:47:39 PM »
Didn't I read that there is no test for meth, only amphetamines?

My hope is that Mr. Mayfield is cleared.

NASCAR burned Tim Richmond, didn't they?
John Flock

Napcar20

• Doubleshot Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009, 01:07:36 AM »
One has to wonder why NAZICAR is being so aggressive toward Mayfield...

After winning his injunction, Jeremy Mayfield was a driver holding a current Sprint Cup license but not entered in any forthcoming event.  He does not enter Daytona and the first Monday thereafter he is subject to a 'random' test.  One has to wonder if other Cup drivers with the same status, i.e. Boris Said, Ron Fellows, Todd Bodine, Scott Riggs, Terry Labonte, or even Ted Christopher have been subject to testing while having the same status as Mayfield.  Likely not...

Whether he did meth or not, I just want Mayfield to spill all the beans on the rest of NASCAR to the point it makes the front page of the National Enquirer!

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009, 07:33:16 AM »
I agree left side failed two tests now how much cold medicine can a guy take to fail 2 drug tests!!!

Spokes

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009, 09:45:23 AM »
I agree, I've seen a few meth heads and Mayfield doesn't look like one. Yet if he is one how has he hidden it so well. Something is fishy about this whole thing.

Todd_fan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2009, 11:49:17 PM »
Has everyone seen the latest ? 

http://www.wsoctv.com/download/2009/0717/20093287.pdf

From Jayski: 

UPDATE: Lawyers for Mayfield released results of his own independent drug test, showing no sign of methamphetamine. Friday afternoon, Mayfield's lawyers revealed what they said is proof the driver does not use drugs. Attorney John Buric said the results show no detection of meth or amphetamines. The results, one sheet of paper from LabCorp, do not have Mayfield's name only a number. "This number is referred to in the sample data packet that will show that it is Mr. Mayfield's sample," Buric said. That data will not be available until next week.(wsoctv.com, see the PDF: Mayfield's Independent Drug Test Results from WSOC)(7-18-2009)