Author Topic: Kyle Larson  (Read 3066 times)

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
Kyle Larson
« on: April 19, 2020, 07:25:18 AM »
What do you think about Kyle Larson using the N word?  Do people deserve a second chance? 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

maverick12

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Kyle Larson
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 03:23:41 PM »
Really not a big deal  not sure why all the fuss . Let the man race .

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 03:48:03 PM »
I think everyone deserves a second chance,but just one.

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 08:24:35 PM »
Get a "Read" on what Bubba Wallace said.

modrace

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 06:22:54 AM »
Great driver

Turbo01

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 04:40:43 PM »
He was not resigning with Ganassi at the end of this year. Not to mention, this year is shot. Chip did this as a PR stunt to appease potential sponsors. If Larson was signed beyond this year, he wouldn't have gotten fired.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 07:20:38 AM »
Just announced by Ganassi Racing, Matt Kenseth will take over the #42 car, for the remainder (what there is of it) of the 2020 racing season.

35mmracer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 10:47:50 AM »
One of the sponsors that immediately bailed on Larson was McDonald's, because they felt that ANY use of the word - even an accidental slip - was grounds for immediately distancing themselves from him.

I am in no way condoning what he said.

On the other hand, here is some news that occurred six months before the Larson incident:

Exclusive: McDonald's Announces 'Beat Of My City' Initiative With Teyana Taylor And Juice WRLD

"G.O.O.D Music's first lady Teyana Taylor and Chicago rap star Juice WRLD are partnering with McDonald's to generously give back to their hometown communities in a major way. The R&B songstress and Chicago rapper were specially chosen by the fast food chain to lead the launch of its new philanthropic initiative, Beat Of My City."

https://www.bet.com/music/2019/09/10/teyana-taylor-juice-wrld-mcdonalds-beat-of-my-city.html

An enlightening exercise is to spend a few minutes on Google looking up the lyrics to some of the songs released by these two artists - artists specifically chosen by McDonald's to represent their brand.

It would also be interesting to research what other sponsorship activities McDonald's and Credit One engaged in for the past several years, and who they willingly associated with.

Isn't hypocrisy a wonderful thing?

Still want to support those companies?

John_unaman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 12:21:11 PM »
Keep your eye on the leadership that is ruining this city and country , this is how Chicago was born, Run a red light ( no problem, just remove the cameras ) , disobey the keep your distance rule, ( no problem, just call it mourning ) , Gunshot spotter speakers ( are always welcome in a civilized society ) , Failing grades in school ( no problem just eliminate test scores ) , Too much crime in the city ( no problem just quit reporting the facts) , Too many people in jail ( no problem just quit arresting individuals ) , Need a little xtra money for the family ( no problem just hire uncle Reggie @ 90K a year ) ,  What to do with Kyle Larson you ask ? When Bubba Wallace can commit the same mistake as Kyle Larson is accused of, that is when discipline should be applied. John sr.

JMO

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 05:01:39 PM »
Keep your eye on the leadership that is ruining this city and country , this is how Chicago was born, Run a red light ( no problem, just remove the cameras ) , disobey the keep your distance rule, ( no problem, just call it mourning ) , Gunshot spotter speakers ( are always welcome in a civilized society ) , Failing grades in school ( no problem just eliminate test scores ) , Too much crime in the city ( no problem just quit reporting the facts) , Too many people in jail ( no problem just quit arresting individuals ) , Need a little xtra money for the family ( no problem just hire uncle Reggie @ 90K a year ) ,  What to do with Kyle Larson you ask ? When Bubba Wallace can commit the same mistake as Kyle Larson is accused of, that is when discipline should be applied. John sr.

JMO

BINGO!!!

And just I can be a pretty cynical kind of guy, they complain that the school district is MILLIONS in the hole, yet nobody seems to know where the money went, but several key people suddenly quit their jobs??  And nobody's bank accounts got a surprise audit???Also, since people can't seem to raise their children properly, as well as on their own, the schools are now starting "pre kindergarten" at the age of 3 (it was 5, when I was that age), and all meals are now provided to the students, since they apparently weren't adequately fed at home......and MAYBE this is where some of the "mystery millions" went, you think??