Author Topic: BG gets 8,000+ people and this is what they pay the modifieds. What a joke!  (Read 7452 times)

m15mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
MADHOUSE TYPE MODIFIEDS
HICKORY MOTOR SPEEDWAY
Saturday – October 19, 2013
DIVISION: MADHOUSE TYPE MODIFIEDS PROMOTER: X1R ProCup Series
Pits Open/Modified Parking: 12:45 PM till 1:15 PM and 2:15 PM till 3:00 PM
Alternating Practice Allison Legacy Series & Modified 3:00 PM till 4:30 PM Drivers Meeting: TBA
Modified Qualifying: 5:15 PM Racing Starts: 7:00 PM
Race Schedule: Allison Legacy Series – Modified – X1R ProCup – Modified
(Schedule is Tentative and May be Amended)
EVENT DISTANCE – Twin 25’s – All Green Flag Laps
TOTAL POSTED AWARDS - $9060.00
($4,530.00 Each Race)
1st – 650.00 6th – 250.00 11th – 140.00 16th – 110.00
2nd – 400.00 7th – 220.00 12th – 130.00 17th – 105.00
3rd – 350.00 8th – 200.00 13th – 125.00 18th – 105.00
4th – 300.00 9th – 175.00 14th – 120.00 19th – 105.00
5th – 275.00 10th- 150.00 15th – 115.00 20th – 100.00
21st thru 24th – 100.00 each
 All cars must complete an Entry Form. Entry Form Should be Postmarked no later than seven (7) days prior to the event.
 There is a $25.00 non-refundable fee for Transponder Rental/Scoring.
 All cars must conform to current Bowman Gray Stadium Modified Rules as They May Be Amended from Time to Time
 Mufflers are Optional
 Tires – Hoosier F-15 – Tires will be Available at the Track (see reverse of entry form for tire rule)
 Fuel will be Available at the Track (VP Purple 110 Octane Leaded)
 Pit Passes – $25.00
 PAYOFF AT THE TRACK FOLLOWING THE EVENT
COMPLETE THIS ENTRY FORM AND MAIL TO ADDRESS BELOW
RELEASE, REUSE OF NAME, ETC: In consideration of the awards posted for this event, the acceptance of this Entry Form by the Promoter, the Car Owner and Driver, jointly and individually agree and consent that the Speedway(s), the Promoter and the assigns of either or both, and all sponsors, may use their name(s), picture(s), or performance(s) or any of them in any way, medium or material for promoting, advertising, recording or reporting this event, before, during or after said event(s) but not for the purpose of product endorsement, including, but not limited to, television and radio broadcasts, film reproductions, video tape reproductions and the like and do hereby relinquish all rights for these purposes.
CAR#______ DRIVER____________________________________________ PHONE# (______) - _________________
ADDRESS__________________________________________________ MAKE OF CAR__________________________
CITY______________________________________ ____________ STATE________ ZIP_____________________________
SPONSORS___________________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
PRINT OR TYPE INFORMATION AND MAIL TO: Championship Auto Racing Series
177 Knob Hill Road
Mooresville, NC 28117
HICKORY
Race hard or DIE!

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Nothing to do down there except watch the cars rust.
Kareem of Wheet

rsk1139

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I think the race is at HICKORY MOTOR SPEEDWAY not Bowman Gray.

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
.... Also there are twin 25's and this is the payout for each race......

Ratzso

"Send me your favorite ways to spice up Hamburger Helper."
"Today is yesterday's future"

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
 i'm sure the Bowman gray purse isn't exactly anything to brag about either!

frontstretch

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Holy crap that's not much better than what we are paying our Big 10 Super Stocks. There's tracks here that don't get 8000 fans for the entire season.

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
I think Shangri-La 2 paid there Street Stocks $700 to $800 for a regular Saturday night 25 lap race.
Kareem of Wheet

Rocketman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Add $100 to that and you have the bowman gray twin 25 purse for each race........but they also get tire certificates as sort of an incentive........if you win I think you get a certificate for $200-300 off the next set you buy.....top 15 get 2 $50 dollar certificates which you can use anytime throughout the season.......I used to save mine up for the next couple weeks and buy a set for about $80. It only cost $25 to get in the pits every week....$10 for an adult grandstand ticket and some of weirdest stuff you'll ever see......but, the place gets promoted, and they pack them in......they always have some sort of fan promotion going on and student promotion......some places around here should maybe call gray garrison and ask him for some tips on how to run a successful racetrack........and this was all happening before the tv show.......9-12,000 people has been common for the last 15 years.......it's promoted,it's affordable for a family to go, and it's entertainment......something this parts of the state is lacking.........
" If the radiator cap fits, The whole damn car will!"      Beware the Fury in a patient man.

bigmodfan

• View Profile
I like the tire certificate plan.

Rocket,

What is the caution/clean up time down there? I've never been, but I would think that with a smaller track they are able to clean up faster than tracks around here (less speed, less damage, etc.)

That's one key area dirt tracks over asphalt, less (in-race) maintenance with dirt.

Nate Stevens

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Maybe a lot of tracks need to take a look at their business model.  A lot of tracks make their purse the largest percentage of their weekly budget.  It seems like the easiest way to bring in racers, but is it really?  Maybe if you put it into promoting so the stands are full, put it facilities, put it into paying the staff so they are more professional, put some in the promoters pocket so they don't have to make erratic and desperate decisions so often, things would run more smoothly.  You have stands full of people and then it becomes a viable advertising opportunity for a business to put their name on the side of your car, which could mean a lot more money than the weekly payoff.  Further, why do most racers get into racing?  It is so that they can be hero for a week.  There is nothing like winning that race and having all those people tell you how awesome you are.  Now I've won a decent amount of races in front of a couple hundred people, but one of my fondest memories was taking the last transfer spot in a C-main in front of a few thousand people.  It is all about value and that doesn't always equate to how many dollars you get in your envelope at the end of the night.
Dictated But Not Read

Rocketman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
There cleanup is the quickest I've seen to be honest......it's takes them less than 5 minutes to clean up a 5 car pile up.....the real hinderance is that the cars come around so fast under caution on the short track that they have to wait for them each time to go by before finishing the job......but it's still quick......the track bought 2 of those leaf blower on wheels machines....they use it for everything during track cleanup, and when it rains the whole track crew is out there with them things drying the track and pushing water around with brooms......them guys hustle to keep the show going and done on time.......they have a system down and it's pretty sufficient........the racing may not be the greatest....but they move along 6-7 divisions in a timely fashion and we were usually loaded up and paid and on the way home by 11.........and that's with all divisions time trialling 2 laps, no heat races.......
" If the radiator cap fits, The whole damn car will!"      Beware the Fury in a patient man.

Rocketman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Side note.......coolest thing ever that showed me how dedicated and excited those fans are.....modifieds are loud......imagine sitting on the fronstretch in the car ready to race...earbuds in, 20 or so modifieds running lined up 2 by 2.....they announce the names of some drivers and the place erupts with people cheering or booing for their favorite......only way I can explain it is it sounds like a volcano erupted and your in the middle of it....

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
There cleanup is the quickest I've seen to be honest......it's takes them less than 5 minutes to clean up a 5 car pile up.....the real hinderance is that the cars come around so fast under caution on the short track that they have to wait for them each time to go by before finishing the job......but it's still quick......the track bought 2 of those leaf blower on wheels machines....they use it for everything during track cleanup, and when it rains the whole track crew is out there with them things drying the track and pushing water around with brooms......them guys hustle to keep the show going and done on time.......they have a system down and it's pretty sufficient........the racing may not be the greatest....but they move along 6-7 divisions in a timely fashion and we were usually loaded up and paid and on the way home by 11.........and that's with all divisions time trialling 2 laps, no heat races.......

6-7 divisions?  I was only aware of 4 that ran there, weekly anyway.
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

Rocketman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Yeah I actually do believe there are only 4 , but the 4 cylinders a majority of the time run double features cause there are about 40 of them........so realistically 4 or 5 classes.........still a fast run show with cleanup.