Author Topic: Any drivers or owners with cars parked please respond  (Read 17921 times)

nitro1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Any drivers or owners with cars parked please respond
« on: June 17, 2014, 08:23:28 PM »
why did you park the car?     what would it take to get it out?  what will it take to keep it out?
theres nothing like the smell of nitro in the morning

bb33racer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Any drivers or owners with cars parked please respond
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 10:50:36 PM »
No money , money& more money

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 11:07:21 PM »
unfortunate :(

Cliff04

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 12:17:08 AM »
Health reasons.   Three neck surgeries in 14 months takes a toll on every thing including the wallet

Hoss110

• Rookie
  • Josh Ames #110
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 07:16:29 AM »
money
HIGHLY ANTICIPATING SPONSORS TO JOIN THE TEAM FOR 2012!
Team 110 Racing

imca77

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 07:25:09 AM »
money!! imagine that!!

T20won

• Veteran
  • TEAM 20 RUSH Late Model
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 08:57:50 AM »
Money!
Phil Knapp

Paul

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 09:03:46 AM »
Two daughters getting married this summer.  So, money here also.

nitro1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 09:50:48 AM »
we all understand the money thing, and if you want to race you know how and where to get the money,i havent raced since the early 80s myself but have worked on peoples cars or at least been in the stands, with that said are there any other factors that stop you from racing,something that can be changed to motivate you guys to come back out ?
theres nothing like the smell of nitro in the morning

imca77

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 10:14:06 AM »
i think everybody pretty much answered the question so far,you didn't say go to the races. MONEY is the big reason, I work on a couple of different cars,thatS not what the question was. I own my car 100%,never had any MONEY sponsers, why don't you find out what it cost to get to the track,pay to get in,fuel the truck and the car,pay for food,and hopefully you don't wreck anything. when I was running at skyline or can am,i spent $150-$200 for the night.im pretty sure that wont get it done today. add in thru way tools for some guys, so it all boils down to MONEY,you need horse power,tires,fuel,etc.,it all = MONEY. im not trying to start a pi$$ing match,just the facts.

Gregonet31

• Rookie
  • I'm awesome.
    • View Profile
    • Can-Am Racing Series
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 11:02:40 AM »
Money. Plain and simple.

dukjupiter

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 11:24:37 AM »
interesting post, consensus of opinion is that it simply is too expensive to compete. whether or not you can afford it is not the question, it is whether or not it is worth the costs involved to race. plenty of people park their race cars when it just doesn't make sense spending that much to compete.  I also found it interesting that almost every responder has his real name listed in their profile.

BClapp

• Rookie
  • huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 11:37:51 AM »
Everyone that is saying money is the reason, is it because the cost of racing has skyrocketed, or because your disposable income has gone down?  I firmly believe that if tracks woukd stop listening to their front runners about what should be legal now, everyone should be farther ahead.  The biggest problem I have seen with promotors is that they only listen to their frontrunners, because they don't take the mid pack to back of the pack guys seriously.  Racers are as creative as lawyers when it comes to finding reasons to use new go fast parts.  I always laugh when they use safety as a bogus excuse for needing something.  When I started racing pure/street stocks in the southern tier, the cars had stock bodies, stock firewalls, retread tires, no ford 9" rears, etc.  That year, the american racers started turning up and the tracks allowed them because they were the same price as diamondbacks.  No cost increase, right?  Except for the guys like myself on tighter budgets who couldn't afford the new tires, and were put farther behind.  It was also thesame year guys would start showing up with aftermarket steel bodies and the stock firewalls and floor pans gone.  Rather than put their foot down, the promotors legalized this stuff.  As the next couple years went on, guys were allowed to build better engines, and the drivers said they needed ford 9" rears "for safety".  They were breaking axles.  If they hadnt switched to american racers, they wouldn't be hooking up the power, and wouldn't be breaking axles as much.   Once the guys got their 9" rears, now they are breaking their powerglides.  Better bring on the berts and falcons.  This hasnt taken long.  I started in 2003, and the class has been made unaffordable in just that time.
www.nyparacing.com
Clapperton311@gmail.com
Brandon Clapperton
Empire Sport Trucks www.estracing.com

dirttrackrocker

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 11:47:37 AM »
Everyone that is saying money is the reason, is it because the cost of racing has skyrocketed, or because your disposable income has gone down?

Both, but, mostly the disposable income has gone down thanks to the piece of **** in the white house, my healthcare coverage went up $147 a month. "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan".. My *****!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:38:40 AM by Admin »
If you're driving on the edge... You're trespassing on my property!!!!!!!

Gregonet31

• Rookie
  • I'm awesome.
    • View Profile
    • Can-Am Racing Series
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 11:54:14 AM »
Everyone that is saying money is the reason, is it because the cost of racing has skyrocketed, or because your disposable income has gone down?  I firmly believe that if tracks woukd stop listening to their front runners about what should be legal now, everyone should be farther ahead.  The biggest problem I have seen with promotors is that they only listen to their frontrunners, because they don't take the mid pack to back of the pack guys seriously.  Racers are as creative as lawyers when it comes to finding reasons to use new go fast parts.  I always laugh when they use safety as a bogus excuse for needing something.  When I started racing pure/street stocks in the southern tier, the cars had stock bodies, stock firewalls, retread tires, no ford 9" rears, etc.  That year, the american racers started turning up and the tracks allowed them because they were the same price as diamondbacks.  No cost increase, right?  Except for the guys like myself on tighter budgets who couldn't afford the new tires, and were put farther behind.  It was also thesame year guys would start showing up with aftermarket steel bodies and the stock firewalls and floor pans gone.  Rather than put their foot down, the promotors legalized this stuff.  As the next couple years went on, guys were allowed to build better engines, and the drivers said they needed ford 9" rears "for safety".  They were breaking axles.  If they hadnt switched to american racers, they wouldn't be hooking up the power, and wouldn't be breaking axles as much.   Once the guys got their 9" rears, now they are breaking their powerglides.  Better bring on the berts and falcons.  This hasnt taken long.  I started in 2003, and the class has been made unaffordable in just that time.

For myself, cost of racing has skyrocketed in my division over the last few years.

My 1st car you could probably have put lights and a dash in, and it'd have been street legal. The car I just sold that I ran earlier this year, was a purpose built race car, the only thing stock was the chassis, everything else was aftermarket or performance.

And that was for the pure stocks. And dont even get me going on how much it cost for my motor.... it'd make you sick.

Its just not worth it anymore. Putting all that money in, just to even keep up, all for $100 to win..... I got it, in the beginning, when I was racing to chase a dream, and have fun. But..... There comes a point, ya know?