Author Topic: Hillside Buffalo Code of Conduct  (Read 10102 times)

WNY.Starter

• View Profile
Hillside Buffalo Code of Conduct
« on: February 20, 2019, 06:08:03 PM »
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY/CONDUCT

All Complaints and concerns are to be shared DIRECTLY with Hillside Buffalo management and officials, NOT in a public manner via Social Media.

Any person who intentionally and/or maliciously disregards, manipulates, intimidates or otherwise harasses a Hillside Buffalo official decision via Social Media postings, private messages, text messages or in any way electronically that degrades the track, its management or officials will be subject to Team Disqualification and/or Fine, Suspension, Loss of Points and/or other action determined appropriate by Track Management of Hillside Buffalo. Financial penalty to be determined by Track Management.

The use of Social Media by any person to promote negative/derogatory publicity towards Hillside Buffalo in any manner will subject them to Team Disqualification, Fine, Suspension, Loss of Points, Financial Penalty and/or any other action deemed appropriate by Hillside Buffalo management and officials.

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Hillside Buffalo Code of Conduct
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 10:41:09 PM »
yeah enough said see ya at WCIS.

Should have brought up at registration and/or drivers meetings

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:56:57 PM »
Pretty snarky post for a track that had about 12 cars on a weekly basis..They better pray Lancaster doesn’t open..
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

Beersy26

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 05:37:42 AM »
Did John White take over Hillside?  ::)

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 08:18:27 AM »
What a joke.  I would encourage everyone to walk... no run away from this track as quickly as possible.  Maybe the Race of Champions should reconsider their sanctioning of events at this facility.
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

WNY.Starter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 11:19:29 AM »
New post has a registration Party March 10, 1-4pm at the Holland Willows.

Don96

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 12:57:06 PM »
Unbelievable; the ignorant comments to stay away from this track are doing absolutely no good for the state of asphalt racing in NY. The social media restrictions are to keep negative comments just like the ones above from destroying what little asphalt racing we have left. I completely agree with the social media rules- if you have an issue with someone or a track, be a man and bring up those issues face to face or at least with a phone call. Destroying what tracks are left will help no one.

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 02:18:43 PM »
Unbelievable; the ignorant comments to stay away from this track are doing absolutely no good for the state of asphalt racing in NY. The social media restrictions are to keep negative comments just like the ones above from destroying what little asphalt racing we have left. I completely agree with the social media rules- if you have an issue with someone or a track, be a man and bring up those issues face to face or at least with a phone call. Destroying what tracks are left will help no one.

I usually avoid comments on these type of threads, but as a long time fan of racing, I think Don's above post is extremely timely and accurate.

I will add this quote: "An arsonist always risks burning down his own neighborhood."

That's all I got....

Ratzso
"Today is yesterday's future"

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 02:23:56 PM »
 Financial penalty to be determined by Track Management. 

:o :o You are going to enforce that how?  Hillside management does not OWN the Internet or any website , blog or forum outside of their
own and the idea that they have some kind of power to enforce that is ridiculous. They DO have the power to keep you off their property
but to come  out here with a post  of this tone  and make decree's like above is self defeating IMHO.  If Dakota you a specific issue with something someone said you should call them, or contact them in some way so as to have a private convo to work out any issues that would
bear far more positive results than the jack boot routine like above or the adolescent back and forth on Facebook at the moment.

I'll not telling you what to do but it's just something to think about.  Holland Speedway ( or any name you might otherwise call it) has been my personal favorite track in NY and I'm wishing it and every other local track a good year up coming. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail here.  :-\   
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 03:29:04 PM »
If you run your racetrack right the negative comments go away .

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 03:33:50 PM »

If you run your business properly, then you'll have no need for such an onerous social policy.  The occasional posts by malcontents will be understood for what they are and properly ignored by most. 
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 08:03:19 PM »
I got a nasty e-mail just for trying to find out what this years ROC mod schedule looks like so be careful fellow race NYers!!

WNY.Starter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 10:42:45 PM »
Ransomville Speedway is a properly run speedway and they have a Social media policy. I think every speedway should have a social media policy to help speedways survive.

dan19n

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 09:19:23 AM »
this kind of attitude is actually stupid. a track should get all the (free) publicity it can. even negative arguments get your track in the news. to try an control this by fines and censorship is really a waste of time. arguments or disagreements shoud  all make the news  and how well the track deaks with these issues should be just as newsworthy. basically this is called "freedom of speach". these little arguments waste time and money,,,, when will you guys learn?????

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 01:45:55 PM »
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY/CONDUCT

All Complaints and concerns are to be shared DIRECTLY with Hillside Buffalo management and officials, NOT in a public manner via Social Media.

Any person who intentionally and/or maliciously disregards, manipulates, intimidates or otherwise harasses a Hillside Buffalo official decision via Social Media postings, private messages, text messages or in any way electronically that degrades the track, its management or officials will be subject to Team Disqualification and/or Fine, Suspension, Loss of Points and/or other action determined appropriate by Track Management of Hillside Buffalo. Financial penalty to be determined by Track Management.

The use of Social Media by any person to promote negative/derogatory publicity towards Hillside Buffalo in any manner will subject them to Team Disqualification, Fine, Suspension, Loss of Points, Financial Penalty and/or any other action deemed appropriate by Hillside Buffalo management and officials.

I've read this statement, because it has "risen to the top" several times, as people have responded to it. And after reading it a couple of times, I'm not quite sure who it is directed to, competitors at the track or the general public, as it isn't too clear. (mistake #1)

Furthermore, while I understand why you might not want the "dirty laundry" aired in public, as I have seen in the past, here on 'RaceNY', in relation to other tracks, you need to understand that when you operate a sporting facility that promotes a show for public consumption, that automatically opens you up to comment, either good or bad.

Finally, if you intend to really follow through with this "thinly veiled threat" to the public's ability to comment on your facility's operation, be prepared for your track to have a VERY short life, especially if you intend this "policy" to apply to the general public, and not just the racers/teams who MAY dare to race at your track. (mistake #2)

The 1st Amendment of the US Constitution guarantees the right to free speech, and it's part of the bedrock upon which this country was built. It allows EVERYONE, within reason, to express their opinions freely, whether or not others agree. This means not just you, but others, as well. Trying to artificially control reality generally doesn't work out all that well.