Author Topic: SL2  (Read 2908 times)

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
SL2
« on: September 21, 2019, 08:59:55 AM »
Can anyone explain why this track is not being used? All that work with concrete new stands track was fast. Was it just ownership? Was it no drivers showing up? Safety issues?

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: SL2
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 01:21:26 PM »
Chemung 20 miles down the road running on the same night did not help as it split drivers and fans is a big part of the problem.George  Swansborough the owner of Shang -2 doesn't need the money ,he just loved racing and thought he would help out and got screwed.

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 08:40:42 PM »
the two tracks should alternate weeks.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 02:00:42 AM »
 thought he would help out and got screwed.
 :o :o :o

Explain this if you will. WTF
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 07:32:39 AM »
Calm down Mike.I may have been a little blunt but what I meant or what upsets for that matter is here is a guy that spends a boat load of cash to build a beautiful race track only to fall into a situation he cant win.I mean how hard would it have been for one track to race on    Friday and the other on a Saturday.I attended the very first race there in 2009 and many there after and I was like wow this is great and then it all fell apart.I totally respect your knowledge Mike so if you have more to add or know more to the story please enlighten us.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 08:40:14 AM »
For those of us who aren't all that familiar with the "southern tier" racing scene, could someone explain how SL1 and Chemung worked their scheduling out? I'm assuming that they both ran a race schedule, at one time or another....

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 09:51:07 AM »
Mike is calm but you're missing much. Will PM you later.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Rman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 02:04:13 PM »
Probably a boat load of reasons why it failed!! I do know that place produced some amazing modified racing, seems like it was built for them. It's was probably a lot for teams to have to change there setups after running Chemung on Friday to be ready for SL-2 on Sat. I for one miss the fall brawl the most, the camping with friends riding our 4 wheelers all over that hill was a blast, then we got to see some great racing!!! What more could a race fan ask for. Just a  shame it could not be worked out!!

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2019, 07:10:37 AM »
Maybe the owner's attitude of "if you don't like it, don't come back" had something to do with it. It's a shame, it was a great facility, but the owner treated teams and fans like crap.
They REALLY hate the truth :)