Author Topic: Chris Christie  (Read 2544 times)

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Chris Christie
« on: July 03, 2017, 03:10:18 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politics/chris-christie-beach/index.html

He once was on my list of Presidential candidates....f'n douche
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Christie
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 06:44:51 PM »
I fully well realize that the "optics" of Christie's "day at the beach" certainly doesn't look good, I find it to be somewhat yet another liberal attack on a Republican. Although I've spent 90% of my life in western NY, due to a job transfer accepted by my father when I was fairly young, I'm a native of NJ. I still have relatives there, speak to them once in a while, and occasionally go back there for a visit.

Having said that, NJ, like many states, is in financial trouble. So, the Governor shut down the beaches, because of the overhead they generate, to try and save a few bucks. He and his family went to the Governor's mansion for the weekend, and dragged out a few beach chairs, for their personal use. And the "big deal" is??

I'd wager that if previous NJ Governor, Democrat John Corzine, had done this, there wouldn't have been anywhere near the controversy.....

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 12:53:32 AM »
The beach was in the governors back yard... I don't think fake news shows that...
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 07:25:36 AM »
The beach was in the governors back yard... I don't think fake news shows that...

They did, I'll give them credit for being ever so slightly honest. But in typical "got-cha" fashion, they heavily downplayed that point. All anyone has to do is look at the picture, yes the Christie family (all 12 of them) is technically "on the beach". BUT, the beach is 100-125 feet from the house. What were they supposed to do all day, hide in the house??

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 08:25:31 PM »
His "back yard" is actually a public beach that he closed and in turn used for himself, family and friends.  If you are okay with that there is something seriously wrong with your reasoning.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 08:26:58 PM »

They did, I'll give them credit for being ever so slightly honest. But in typical "got-cha" fashion, they heavily downplayed that point. All anyone has to do is look at the picture, yes the Christie family (all 12 of them) is technically "on the beach". BUT, the beach is 100-125 feet from the house. What were they supposed to do all day, hide in the house??
No, they were supposed to go to the beaches that remained open like everyone else had to.