Author Topic: 2021 Race of Champions Schedule  (Read 4187 times)

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
2021 Race of Champions Schedule
« on: January 07, 2021, 04:26:25 PM »
Would it be asking too much to see the 2021 Race of Champions Modified schedule?  I know it's only January (!), but most race tracks and sanctioning organizations have already released their schedules.  Why hasn't the RoC schedule been released yet?
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Race of Champions Schedule
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 07:24:04 AM »
I dont think you will see a schedule until at least April.The ROC weekend is set for September 24th thru 26th at Lake Erie and there is a race at Holland but that is it for now.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 07:49:24 AM »
I believe that the schedule of events will be announced by those in Albany, when THEY feel the state is once again safe for motorsports.

(Sarcasm off)

Hoosierfan22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 04:54:47 PM »
2021 RoC Schedule

April 24               Mahoning Valley
May 8                 Chemung Speedrome
July 3                  Lake Erie
July 10                Holland
August 7              Chemung Speedrome
August 14             TBD
September 26       Lake Erie

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 09:31:27 AM »
A complete ROC schedule is posted on their website.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 02:36:07 PM »
From their website -

"Race of Champions management is currently in negotiation with Spencer Speedway ownership in Williamson, N.Y., but two tentative dates that can be “penciled in” and will become firmed up, once an agreement is reached with Spencer Speedway ownership are Friday, July 30 and Friday, September 3 for the Race of Champions Modified Series."

if this happens, they are both the day before the Whelen Tour is scheduled at Lancaster July 31 and Oswego Sept 4.. Would be nice!

DPackman_PR

• Champion
  • Full time supporter of EVERY racetrack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 08:47:35 AM »
From their website -

"Race of Champions management is currently in negotiation with Spencer Speedway ownership in Williamson, N.Y., but two tentative dates that can be “penciled in” and will become firmed up, once an agreement is reached with Spencer Speedway ownership are Friday, July 30 and Friday, September 3 for the Race of Champions Modified Series."

if this happens, they are both the day before the Whelen Tour is scheduled at Lancaster July 31 and Oswego Sept 4.. Would be nice!

Modified lovers dream weekends, I remember the electricity in the air 2018 (i think?) when Preece was in one of the Leaty Modifieds at Spencer the night before the Oswego race.  A lot of talent walking around the pits that night.
Dakota J. Packman

Check out the all new OFFICIAL Wyoming County International Speedway Facebook page
at www.Facebook.com/TheOfficialWCIS !

And our new Official website at www.TheBullringWCIS.com !

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 10:23:11 AM »
if I remember right, one of the best races ever! Preece and Hirschman both starting deep in the pack.

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 12:28:07 PM »
if I remember right, one of the best races ever! Preece and Hirschman both starting deep in the pack.

Agreed.  One of the best modified races I've ever seen.  Just two of the best going at it in a fair fight to the finish.  The heat race was pretty good too.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:59:57 PM by phredo »
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 04:05:38 PM »
Also,unless my memory fails me,  clean driving by both.. Not the first time seeing them run like that..First time, and perhaps the best race ever, was a battle between them at Seekonk many years ago in an open wheel Wednesday show.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 07:29:50 AM »
I remember that Spencer race well also.The place was packed.I met Ryan Preece at Orbakers on the way to the track and shook his hand,said good luck and told him the food at Orbakers is great.They had this huge black hauler that was top of the line.