Author Topic: shang updates  (Read 30599 times)

m15mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: shang updates
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 09:38:41 AM »
I clicked on the read about the race. Thanks Jayman for posting the finish.
Race hard or DIE!

TeamBFR

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 10:57:13 AM »
 I was there for the whole day - Burned like a crisp!! But when they did race, it was pretty good for opening day! YES - It was way to long and they spent way to long between races. They have to learn that we as fans don't care about having a pubic redraw for positions, that the track does needs work (must find a way to do it very fast), etc. We just want to Watch The RACE!
 The first thing they should be doing today is buying is a large blower to clean the track!! It is pretty crazy watching six guy with brooms brushing the track!
 I like the track and Facility George has built and can't wait for the next time I go. But they need to find a way to make everyone happy!! Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!! Like that is possible! OK make it better for everyone!!

George & Amy You have a great thing here. Keep it up!

I_bleed_orange_20

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 11:48:14 AM »
 :-\  Just an opinion.  Went to every single race they had at Shangri La 2 last season.  We were PROMISED lights so we didn't have to sit with the sun beating on our faces (because you can't see the track when the sun is directly in your face) and that didn't happen.  We work Saturdays until 2 pm and last year had to bust butt to get to the track. Every week we missed all the heats, but loved going there knowing "in time" things would work themselves out.  So we kept going and support the awesome facility.  Couldn't wait for this season to start and guess what...NO LIGHTS, racing at 2:15, won't be ABLE to go, has nothing to do with want, price or temperature.  Local racing has always been at night, not on a Saturday afternoon.  They will  have a hard time getting fans if racing continues at 2 pm on Saturdays no matter how quick they run the show!! 

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 12:28:46 PM »
could someone explain to me the procedure for a "pubic" redraw? sounds like it could be a pain.  8)
You can't buy intelligence, but I can give it away.

Mtroyerfan6

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 12:30:32 PM »
I agree, lights ASAP are a must. Many fans work on Saturdays and can not make the afternoon schedule. The track is shooting itself in the foot with the afternoon racing, plus fans like myself bake like a lobster in the hot sun. The program NEEDS to move along more quickly without all the screwing around.

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2010, 12:36:45 PM »
If they need to run in the afternoon because of no lights, then it should be on Sunday.  JMO
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

Turbo01

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 02:40:19 PM »
I find it ironic that there are people b!tch!ng about people b!tch!ng. So when is it OK to b!tch, before or after someone else starts b!tch!ng? ???

Jamesgang

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 02:43:11 PM »
Well racings starting a bit late this year so people need something to keep them occupied.
Winner of the 2014, 2018, and 2019 Dave London Memorial.

done it

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »
As far as the time frame it took to race Saturday that will get better in time. I'm sure they have been talking on how to change that. The only problem I see is the price to get in, Last year they charged $10.00 and couldn't get alot of people in the stands, George kept saying I can't pay the regular purse until I get people in the stands. By raising the price will only make it worst. Chemung charged $10.00 and got 200 people if they got lucky. It just seems like they would realize if they lower the price you would get alot more people in the stands. Example 1,000 at $8.00 or 200 at $12.00 you do the math. Chemung proved this will work last week.

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2010, 10:04:56 PM »
Well, if the fans don't post about what displeases them, how does the track get a feel for what needs to be addressed?
They REALLY hate the truth :)

no74falcon

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2010, 06:32:54 AM »
How about if the fans call the track with thier displeasures? No need to carry on here on a public forum, acting like school girls. Are you that desperate for attention you have to try to get everyone to notice you? We are not the ones that cause your displeasure. We don't need to be the ones that have to listen to it. If you need to post your displeasure here, how about some constructive critisism like groungpounder posted earlier? Don't carry on like dramaqueens.
Allen Clark
Erieville, N.Y.
In God We Trust

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2010, 07:07:14 AM »
Someone needs a happy pill.................... :o
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2010, 08:57:27 AM »
I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion forum. A place to discuss what we like, which ATM happens to be the weekend racing, what we liked and didn't like about it. Maybe we should switch the topic to flowers and gardening.
They REALLY hate the truth :)

Beenthere

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2010, 09:30:22 AM »
See Ernie, certain people on here have opinions that are much more important and wise than yours or mine. The world awaits their proclamations. They can bitch all they want, but you can't if it differs with their opinions. They can bitch about you for example, and suggest you only make constructive comments, like calling posters dramaqueens or school girls. That's constructive, Ernie.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:36:10 AM by Beenthere »

GarySS1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2010, 11:24:30 AM »
The point is,there is no need to bash the track!
I was there,had a great time and enjoyed myself. If you don't like the track or the operations,stay home or go watch 4 cylinders for an hour at Chemung...

Some of us appreciate having 4 classes of GOOD racing.
Anybody wish to comment on actual racing?
Great B mod race between Hanbury and Zacharias,mods are always exciting and Defebo made a great power move on the outside for the lead,Cricket Clonch back to racing and fast....Late models,another story..would be nice to see more cars in the class at all tracks...