Author Topic: Should You Be Forced to Vote?  (Read 1168 times)

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
Should You Be Forced to Vote?
« on: November 01, 2012, 11:43:27 AM »
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

oldguy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Should You Be Forced to Vote?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 11:56:33 PM »
Forced to vote?  Never.  I abhor the "voter voter" bills - if people are too uneducated to find a voter registration office, they should not be allowed to vote.

I have heard stories of bus loads of street people arriving at a polling place, and get their instructions and enter the voting booth.  They are rewarded with a $2 bottle of gin, a 40 ounce can, or something similar.  My only wish is that these folks nvote exactly opposite of their instructions because they cannot read.

I read most of your posts here, Mr. Groundpounder.  Thanks for sharing your finds.
John Flock

sorelooser

• View Profile
Re: Should You Be Forced to Vote?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 08:37:05 AM »
Stupid people should not be allowed to vote!!     There should be a question answer sheet to qualify to vote to prove you are at least a little informed