Author Topic: The Hill Speedway Opening/ Old Dunn Hill Speedway  (Read 9145 times)

fasteddie83

• View Profile
The Hill Speedway Opening/ Old Dunn Hill Speedway
« on: June 19, 2016, 08:40:28 AM »
LETS GOING RACING!!!!
STARTING  JUNE 24TH

Come to the Hill Speedway for a thrilling Friday night of racing.​
enjoy a night under the stars and racing.
WHAT COULD BE BETTER!!!!!

Pits Open @ 4pm
Gates open @ 4pm
Hot Laps @ 6:30pm
Racing @ 7pm

Bring your lawn chairs and blankets.

Cans and plastic bottles only!

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill Speedway Opening/ Old Dunn Hill Speedway
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 08:55:13 AM »
What's your imca payout

fasteddie83

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 04:59:04 PM »
website has all payouts

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 08:37:17 PM »
Yep found it thank u

wildthing69

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 04:52:51 PM »
Sure cant wait, thanks Eddie for doing the things you are to bring racing back to Bradford County!

More cars the merrier Mr. Harris...

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 09:39:08 PM »
I.ll be making the trip.it don't matter to me that Mr Maynard is there. All that means is we will see how we are treated the fist time and take it from there.I figure its the next best thing to my favorite track redline. See u in a week

RED DOOR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 08:21:37 PM »
I plan on attending this event is there any update on how many cars will be there

Bikerbob

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 09:47:58 PM »
Where exactly is this at.....do they have track food??TM ::)

Bb
Robert I. Morronson

----Opening Soon in Elmira...Filthy's Fudge and Bait Shop----
----Your one stop shop for homemade fudge & live baits----

raceguy

• Champion
  • Duane ~ a.k.a. "The Motorin' Mexican"....
    • View Profile

wildthing69

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 11:30:59 AM »
I.ll be making the trip.it don't matter to me that Mr Maynard is there. All that means is we will see how we are treated the fist time and take it from there.I figure its the next best thing to my favorite track redline. See u in a week

Don't bother me who is there also, I am going to race my race and support IMCA and my local track. This will be better then the OLD DUNN HILL. New Era. New Mangagment. Let's support our local tracks.

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 01:02:15 PM »
Did they get sanctioned for imca?that means nothing to me but u are making it sound as  they did .we will be there either way .

fotogal57

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 10:07:23 PM »
                                                Grand Opening For The Hill Speedway This Friday

After many months of hard work and dedication, this Friday, June 24th the first green flag will drop.  It was almost a year ago that Keith Lamphere purchased the old Dunn Hill Speedway from its former owners.  Keith decided that Eddie McKernan would be given a lease to operate the track. Many days, nights and hours of work at the facility have been completed.  Improvements at the track and it's surface.  The pit area has been enlarged allowing the large haulers more space.  The pits spots can be reserved for $50.00 each, as this ensure your spot for your race team each week.  The track grounds have a new look, with all the great viewing space on the hillside.  There are reserved Park and View spots that can be purchased for the season and weekly.  This allows the fans to be able to watch from the comfort of their vehicles. The season Park and View price is $100, while the weekly price is $10.00.  The weekly spots are a first come first serve basis.  While the season spots are yours for the entire racing season.   The Victory Lane area is now on the outside of the track allowing the fans to be up close and personal with their favorite driver.  Allowing the next feature to be on the track awaiting their race to begin.  Keeping the show moving so that everyone can enjoy a great night.

The track is ready to see it's first cars take on the oval. This Friday night IMCA Style Modifieds, Street Stocks, Pure Stocks, FWD 4 Cylinders and RWD 4 Cylinders will make their first laps around the 1/4 clay surface.  Pit and Grandstand gates open at 4:00 PM, with hot laps starting at 6:30PM.  The drop of the green flag wil be at 7:00 PM.  It is a family oriented racing facility which allows a fun time at the track.  Grandstand admission will be Adults $10, Seniors $8, Students 13-18 $8 and Youth 12 and under are admitted free. 

Many of the names that have raced at this facility in the past are back to grace the track.  Many new faces are interested in coming and trying out the track.  It is be great to see life back at the track after it being dormant for the past few years.  Be sure to mark the date on your calendar so you won't miss any of it.  For more information on how to reserve your Park and View or Pit spots visit the official track website at www.THEHILLSPEEDWAY.COM.  You can also contact the track via email at thehillspeedway@gmail.com or by calling the track phone at 570-637-3014. 

This Friday night starts the next Thrills on the Hill as it begins a new record book of exciting racing.
Don't miss a minute of all the racing at " THE HILL SPEEDWAY"!
Dawn Maynard
D & J FOTOS - www.dandjfotos.com
If it's not racing, it's just not fun!!!!!!!!!!

dirttrackrocker

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 08:47:41 AM »

Don't bother me who is there also, I am going to race my race and support IMCA and my local track. This will be better then the OLD DUNN HILL. New Era. New Mangagment. Let's support our local tracks.

You aren't supporting IMCA Jake, in fact you are doing quite the opposite. You are supporting a track that is in all essence, exploiting IMCA by using their rules and using their name without paying the sanction fee and trying to pull cars from a track that is sanctioned. Not that I care, I don't have a dog in the fight, and I know they would rather have the sanction than run unsanctioned, but, to say you are supporting IMCA isn't correct.
If you're driving on the edge... You're trespassing on my property!!!!!!!

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 09:18:29 AM »
to say that what jake said is correct all though not entirely. he is representing imca by show casing the imca modified to the fans there. when a track runs the imca modifieds as its premier division not getting a sanction is a bummer for sure. the track respects imca rules and awaits next season or beyond to be a sanctioned track. the word style doesn't change anything in my mind as long as the rules aren't butchered. i can see the future can't be had without a past.
it is just a business decision plain and simple, on both sides. most of the hills cars are coming out of the local barns and not from the other tracks that are an hour and a half away.

You can't buy intelligence, but I can give it away.

wildthing69

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 12:16:07 PM »
No Tony they didn't get sanctioned, next year though hopefully. See you tomorrow!