Author Topic: Crate motors in the sport mods  (Read 54894 times)

2ol2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Crate motors in the sport mods
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 09:31:49 AM »
a lot of people post on here that do not own cars or ever intend to

Q33 Racing

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 09:21:34 PM »
The 604 crate was allowed at Holland and Spencer in 2010. I know for sure one Mod was 604 powered and pretty sure there was a second car also.

I don't recall any plagues, locust, blood red rivers or the need to build an Arks. lol Evan Almighty comes to mind..

If a team has the ability and resources to build an engine especially if your sponsored by an engine builder.
I see the reason behind the push back but no one is talking about eliminating them. I'm am fortunate to have this support.

Sure the McClurg Latemodels are not setting any car count records but they have managed to attract younger talent that probably would not of considered the other "late" latemodels. Maybe their crate engine, rules package and organized structure is whats working.

From what I read on here and lake eries web site it seams that the loose rules and lack of order is what chased the other teams away not the crate engine. I remember one of the teams stated something along the lines " if you can't afford latemdel racing than you consider camping" well that work real well because all but 5 took his recommendation.

The cheap verbal attacks,bickering and crystal ball fortune telling on this forum has probably hurt the sport more than people think.
Someting needs to be done to attract and retain new talent into the sport.
This is the instant gratification with minimal investment generation.
perhaps knowing that you can purchase an engine and be confident you won't be outspent in the hp dept will work.
Racing needs to become more convenient, more competitive and less expensive..

life and work is stressful enough but at least ya get paid for it.
If your Putting tons of hours and cash into a hobby just to get ***** off and aggravated perhaps that's when the you should consider camping.

*Klispie Motorsports & Machine Shop*
*Wild World Creations*
*Bender Racing / Dyno Port*

T20won

• Veteran
  • TEAM 20 RUSH Late Model
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2013, 12:29:43 AM »
 ;)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:44:02 AM by T20won »
Phil Knapp

rocket5973

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2013, 02:52:33 AM »
So I can buy Crate bolts online then do as I please inside the motor without any worry about tech breaking the seal and taking it apart? Well thank goodness racers are historically honest! It would be worse if I had already spent the money on these modifications to my motor only to see my class fold up and my tricked out motor that I have invested money into sitting on the shop floor. All that time and money collecting dust!

I suppose I would like to use my cheated up crate motor again. Perhaps in a new division that is relatively unfamiliar with a crate motor package. Then I could sell my "stock" crate motor package at meetings as the greatest idea since sliced bread to push my agenda into different tracks! Then if anyone attempts to combat my agenda I will just paint them as being "behind the times" and "ignorant" on Raceny!

Agenda
Agenda
Agenda

Crate racing failed in our area. Already proven. I hope one more Late Model guy comes on here and blames it on expensive shocks again. They must wear out pretty quick on the Lates! Thank goodness you guys never had to endure any 200 lap events or else you would have to pit halfway threw and throw a fresh Penski on the right rear!

Andy J.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:55:59 AM by rocket5973 »

HoosierDaddy1

• Rookie
  • America Will Be Great Again. Just Like NASCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 02:55:29 AM »
Inablackss and Rocket,
Go ahead and waste your money on these counterfeit bolts. A bad tech person, who is semi-blind using a flashlight with dead batteries would fail these bolts. The Info-Glyph dot-matrix appears to be missing and the GM logo is different. "THESE BOLTS ARE A EXACT MATCH TO THE ORIGINAL". If you or anyone else buys these bolts, due to this statement, well, I have some beachfront property to sell you in Iowa.

J.R. McG - I spit some quality whiskey all over the computer screen when I saw the Racing Junk ad you posted

Definition And Pronunciation Of:
rinky-dink, [ring-kee-dingk]
Rinky-Dink As A noun:
ROC, VMSRS,Try-Track, and now AMSPS.

Sportsman/SK/SST Will Now Be Known As:
H.A.M.F.F. (Handy A***'s Modified Field Fillers)

rocket5973

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2013, 02:59:37 AM »
Well I hope the better quality bolts aren't more expensive! That is going to cut into my profits when I switch over to this sweet crate package to save money.

Inablackss

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 06:46:42 AM »
lets all but crates.  i'm going down to the gm dealer today.  as far as the ad, i was looking at mods forsale and saw it. 

John_unaman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 09:30:06 AM »
How do you tech the msd box?????

I just install a low rpm chip and if it hits the number the box is ok and I have a MSD chip checker to make sure the chip is not altered.

They make a box that can be shut on and off with a fob!! Also a box that will let the chip go couple hundred rpms more!! Google it, sky is the limit

This is a picture of a cheated MSD box, these boxes are very easy to detect, pay attention to a little arrow pointing to a resistor on the upper middle of the board.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:54:20 AM by John_unaman »

brownie3

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »
well i guess there is NO WAY people can cheat or switch parts on any built motor used for racing.

theres no mild porting of heads and intakes
drilling and plugging cranks to lighten
cheater lifters
different firing order cams ......  ect ect ect

Im starting to take andys ranting kinda personal seeing as i'm the one who spoke up n said im running a crate AT HOLLAND

Ive been around racing all my life just like most of us that are still racing.  I dont know everything but im no dummy.  I'll be sure to have no break off bolts as long as Al at holland allows it n maybe we'll tear motors right down to nothing and see whats what when certian people make tech this year since " i have money tied up collecting dust" 

Its hilarious to me that the latemodel teams that were fast were all CHEATERS according to everyone

So let me ask you a question.........

How come certian teams in SST class ive watched for years are so much faster than the rest???????     HMMMMMM   they must be CHEATERS i guess

FYI  might as well delete the MSD post cause we arent allowed to run them.  DO YOUR HOMEWORK BRFORE YOU TRY AND START CRAP ON HERE
Jeff brown -  latemodel #3

Inablackss

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2013, 12:46:01 PM »
Ya brown s**t, rule at chemung and Spencer is 6400 on the chip. So maybe you should do your homework.  Also holland has a 5000 claim rule, so really open engines shouldn't be 12 to 18 k.

rocket5973

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2013, 01:16:26 PM »
I am sorry if I am offending anyone. But I feel very strongly that if the crate thing catches on it will be the death of our division. I am not singling anyone out but its well known that there were crates being tampered with in our area and in the late model division. Just becauses you are on the up and up doesn't mean everyone was. I have no problem pulling a pan or heads. But the crates can't because they are sealed? Sounds like a scam to me. Sorry but it does. I'm the one saying that but I'm  not the only one that sees it that way. I hope this all works out and we have some great racing. But I'm  anticipating a mess of weight break and cheating crys from both sides and headaches.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:18:28 PM by rocket5973 »

rocket5973

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2013, 01:40:13 PM »
Furthermore I'm thrilled that we will have more competition this year. Jeff and George  are great racers with a great will to win. We need guys like that. I just don't like having to wonder if I'm winning or losing over weight breaks rules. That is why this idea failed in the lates. Its all politics. If it were a fair alternative then why did all the built motor guys switch in the lates? Why did one competitor at Holland for this year just sell his built and get a 604?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:52:18 PM by rocket5973 »

mod68

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »
I am sorry if I am offending anyone. But I feel very strongly that if the crate thing catches on it will be the death of our division. I am not singling anyone out but its well known that there were crates being tampered with in our area and in the late model division. Just becauses you are on the up and up doesn't mean everyone was. I have no problem pulling a pan or heads. But the crates can't because they are sealed? Sounds like a scam to me. Sorry but it does. I'm the one saying that but I'm  not the only one that sees it that way. I hope this all works out and we have some great racing. But I'm  anticipating a mess of weight break and cheating crys from both sides and headaches.

The division already has 1 foot in the grave.

I really cant see how a crate motor can make it any worse........

brownie3

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2013, 03:54:03 PM »
well bobby.  I'll correct you

its a 6400 limit with a module inside an HEI distributor

so what i said is not s*#t

NO EXTERNAL MSD BOX at holland.  Thats straight from head tech at HOLLAND
Jeff brown -  latemodel #3