Author Topic: Integra Help  (Read 13012 times)

weavertime1

• Rookie
  • Yeahhhhhh!
    • View Profile
Re: Integra Help
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 06:47:26 AM »
Many things that have been mentioned could cause your issue. First switch to a manual PR4 or P75 ecu. Check to see that the speed sensor is hooked up which is located toward the rear of the trans under where your intake tube runs. It is a 3 wire plug that will definitely cause the car to do what you are saying. Good luck, and get a hold of me if you need a 5 speed ecu. Thanks!

dlb

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 01:19:02 PM »
Bought a 5 speed ecu 2 weeks ago.  Plugged it in an so far have raced twice with no problems. Also managed to pick up a feature win.
One other thing I noticed since the 5speed ecu was put in is that the car no longer idles up and down like it used to. The car used to rev up to 2000 rpm the cut to 1000 and do it over and over until the car was hot. Now it idles steady and smooth at 800 when soon after start up.

billyboy88

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »
Did every one think you had big cams in it the way it idled? LOL

weavertime1

• Rookie
  • Yeahhhhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 09:08:45 AM »
Bought a 5 speed ecu 2 weeks ago.  Plugged it in an so far have raced twice with no problems. Also managed to pick up a feature win.
One other thing I noticed since the 5speed ecu was put in is that the car no longer idles up and down like it used to. The car used to rev up to 2000 rpm the cut to 1000 and do it over and over until the car was hot. Now it idles steady and smooth at 800 when soon after start up.

The auto ecu has a program in it that "looks" for the car to be in park. Obviously with a 5 speed transmission there is not park so it can't quite figure out what's going on which causes the engine to idle up and down. A bad IACV can also cause this, but since you were using an auto ecu you can pretty much bet that was the up and down idle problem. Good luck with the rest of your season!

dlb

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 11:27:05 AM »
Another question.
My bro is running a prelude. Having motor break up issues. Car runs fine for a few laps. Then just breaks up under any throttle.
Here is the info.
He blew up original motor first race.
So we bout a Jdm h23a3 motor from Canada.
The put the motor in hooked it up to the original h23 American motor. I am thinking that the American ecu is not liking the Jdm motor and after it warms up car is going to limp mode. My bro friend is having same issue. He did a Jdm swap to same as my bro.
Any suggestions.

billyboy88

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 01:58:39 PM »
MR. Weaver the floor is yours................

weavertime1

• Rookie
  • Yeahhhhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 10:17:46 PM »
Another question.
My bro is running a prelude. Having motor break up issues. Car runs fine for a few laps. Then just breaks up under any throttle.
Here is the info.
He blew up original motor first race.
So we bout a Jdm h23a3 motor from Canada.
The put the motor in hooked it up to the original h23 American motor. I am thinking that the American ecu is not liking the Jdm motor and after it warms up car is going to limp mode. My bro friend is having same issue. He did a Jdm swap to same as my bro.
Any suggestions.

What year is the prelude? It probably has more to do with the fact that the jdm engine is missing some of the sensors that the usdm ecu is looking for, but letting me know the year of the car will help me out a lot here.

dlb

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 01:28:15 PM »
Both 92 preludes
Both now using h23a3 motor. Both having same issue. Break after two laps. Coolem down. Run fine again for two laps. Happens after car gets warm.

weavertime1

• Rookie
  • Yeahhhhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 03:20:57 PM »
92 Preludes are OBD1, so that is a little weird. Is the ignition coil style you are using now an internal or external, and is this the same as it was before? The speed sensors are hooked up in these cars as well?

dlb

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »
They did get an external coil or had to do something with the coil. And I believe they used USA intake too.

weavertime1

• Rookie
  • Yeahhhhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 11:21:29 PM »
Tough to tell without actually looking at the cars, but I am thinking something to do with a sensor that isn't on the jdm engine but was on the usdm one. Could be something like a coolant temp sensor or camshaft position sensor. Are you running your speed sensor and speedometer?

dmills30ny

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 08:18:58 AM »
ur limp mode is caused from knock sensor, jdm motors dont have one and american motors do, ur american ecu is lookin for a signal from knock sensor and its not gettin one putting it in limp mode ;)

weavertime1

• Rookie
  • Yeahhhhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 08:53:36 PM »
A lack of a knock sensor will not cause the ecu to run in limp mode, although it does ***** your timing which could make it run bad. True limp mode is only caused by a few different things (injector failure, map sensor failure, major ecu issues, major distributor issues). After doing some reading I would agree that running a knock sensor would be a good place to start.

dlb

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 12:05:32 PM »
Will try it and let you know thanks.

dlb

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2012, 12:10:30 AM »
No better same thing tonIght. Installed knock sensor. Did same thing.
I'm thinking it's the ecu. Can a Jdm motor run on the USA ecu. I'm thinking they need to get the Jdm ecu. ??? Thoughts?????