Author Topic: Thunder Mountain 6/12 (TODAY)  (Read 12122 times)

candygirl

• View Profile
Re: Thunder Mountain 6/12 (TODAY)
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2011, 10:48:57 PM »
I went to thunder last night. It's a shame how they can only get 6 modifieds and have to cut the purse and the length of the feature. Although the racing last night was good. Mike Marold and Tim Mayne had a great race for the win. I think Eddie White could have won the Sportsman feature easily, but he let Brian win. The street stocks were also full of action. Great racing on a smooth surface. People talk bad about Thunder way too much.
as for Eddie "letting" Brian win.... doesn't happen ask him yourself..... he has no problem holding his line against his son.... Eddie is also there to win...for his sponsor.....

dirtdeval

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 01:06:48 AM »
ok i shouldnt but i will....first of all sharon..some stuff has changed . the promoters of thunder mtn do listen to the drivers and have asked a few not to return. as far as a 1 groove track john was comin on the outside and moved up several spots and the 6nn also passed 4 or 5 cars on the outside as well as many others. so much for a 1 groove track. also from what i hear theres another track not far down the road that seems to have a fast high side, kinda like a one groove track also right? Now chad where do i start.... you never have anything good to say about thunder mtn. so why do u keep coming back. i mean it isnt like they have great fresh donuts or something.
  teoprocar....dust? its a dirt track u damn fool. intermission is what its called intermission a time period to prep the track for the features and as far as "smash mountain" what thunder cars did u see smashing one another, i think it was the invader cars that were swapping paint. And i think your payin to much attention to the flagger playing with his hair your starting to scare me.
 shawnie...dont worry nobody missed you and i went to 5 mile tonight and when i left i was covered in dust. Also there didnt seem to be alot of passing do u think this is from the great amout of competiton in upstate ny or should we just blame it on the track and the promoters.
 alankathy...you seem to have all the answers, my only question is why dont you own and promote a dirt track? After reading all your negitive posts about thunder mtn. you obviously know all there is to know about running a dirt track you would have a ton of cars.
 jack3.... you have been around racing all of your life and have a son in law thats very capable of winning races, put the money up build him a car and have him go beat them Green boys
 jake66....your right that 21 car of beebee is faster and faster every week wont be long and he'll be in the winners circle.
   now on a better point has anyone noticed how many different winners there has been at thunder mtn. this year.  How about the disqualifications for illegal parts and rough riding its called enforcing the rule book.  Without the rules we cant afford to race, also stop and think what will we be racing for if there was only 1 track in our 30 mile area like any other business there needs to be competition without it we are at the mercy of the one track owner that does exist.... keep up the good work dick and shelly some of us still believe your doing whats best for the racers.   See you all saturday
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 01:14:07 AM by dirtdeval »

WreckermanDan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2011, 08:32:24 AM »
He did have someone else wanted  to flag but he said no he had a flagger. If thats what you want to call him.I am sorry but you need to have 2 people on the flaggers stand so you can watch both corners. And you need a flagger that will get down there and talk to the drivers at the drivers meet to say hey look if you start to slam than you are going to be out.But cant have that. And the people are tired of the same person winning put a bounty on him . or if they win they should put them in the back and let them work from the back to the front for a change, cant do that when the sponcer of the pure stock that keeps winning puts up the money

68mustangfb

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 08:42:03 AM »
dirtdeval; WAY TO GO MAN ! I love it.  Two thumbs up for U ! JMO  MR  8)
Mods,  Pa. possie; 410 sprint
RACING !

frontierjoe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Frontier Graphic & Signs
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 08:58:37 AM »
Butch has only won 2 weeks in a row, bounty? :o! Butch is driving the 6nn, not even his car. Just a ride plus Butch and Rich have done their homework. So they win! Build a car and show em what you've got. If your speaking of Rich Green. He didn't win. Rich doesn't run at the mountain, his track is skyline. Yes he was leading, but he didn't win! So it's up to Frank to put up a Bounty. Rich has only won 2 races outside of Skyline this year I believe.
Everyone keeps complaining, but does anyone offer money or support to the racers trying to compete with them? No. I have a car if your interested in donating to a good cause!
Thunder has only had what 6 races this yr, not like it only the first quarter of the season and they have had 4 different winners.
 Dirtdeval that was a good post.,

Racecars+Dirt=Dust.
Complain+Dislike Dust=Asphalt.

Mike21 I'll race next to you anytime! There are far worse so called drivers out there than you man. I should be out there soon. Car will be running by Thur and race ready next week hopefully.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:06:09 AM by frontierjoe »

2dusty4me

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 09:28:50 AM »
Hey dirt devil i was also at five mile last nite and i don't know what races u were watching but there was a lot of passing going on. How about dale plank starting 15 or 16(not sure) got all the way up to 7th before a flat tire sent him to the pits, and how about that 20 car he started 22 and made it up to 8Th behind plank, so much for one groove. Now as for the dust anywhere u go and u have 24 big block mods u are going to have lots of dust, that was a good show yes dusty but some good racing. The way i look at it every bit of dust was worth that show, it all brushed off at the end of the night.

cardiackid

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 09:35:36 AM »
I thought I saw you last night

mikey21

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2011, 01:54:29 PM »
Thanks Joe,I race every one clean...you beat and bang on me expect to get it back...

thedoebes

• Rookie
  • Flagging on the backstretch at FMP.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 05:20:52 PM »
Racer110, you just got through saying people shouldn't come on here and start bashing race tracks,and you turn right around and bash 5 Mile Point.If you think the track is the dustiest track or the racing isn't any good you could of just said a "track in the Southern Tier" instead of mentioning 5 Mile Point.

Yes, I'm a flagger there and I don't like hearing negative things about the track.I go to a lot of tracks and if I don't like a certain track I'm not going to get on here and mention the tracks name, no matter how bad I think the track is.Thanks and it's JMO.
Ron Doebler

dicindick4

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 06:04:31 PM »
Well here is a plug for 5 Mile, I was there last night and saw some good racing!  It had dust, it is a dirt track, and it had a couple bumps in it, again with race cars with over 700 to 800 horsepower cranking around a dirt track you probably might see a couple ruts develop.  Overall a good show run efficiently, and Leon Andrus just busts me up with his announcing, meaning he does a good job.  I think people need to start finding the good in their racing experiences, and just learn to appreciate the great racing we have in our little part of the world.  Andy, you need to pave that parking lot, because that grass tickles my ankles when I walk to the car!  Good job guys, and good job to the racers for putting on a great show. 

racer110

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2011, 06:26:28 PM »
Ron your right, I shouldn't have brought five mile into I guess you can call be a hypocrite  :'(
Roger Lewis

thedoebes

• Rookie
  • Flagging on the backstretch at FMP.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2011, 06:38:53 PM »
It happens,especially when someone ticks you off.we don't think before we speak.We're all guilty of it.
Ron Doebler