Author Topic: Fulton Raceway iconic wall torn down !!  (Read 3940 times)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Fulton Raceway iconic wall torn down !!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2020, 07:38:44 AM »
Mr.Googles Pisano would it be too much to ask who you really are?I grew up at Fulton Raceway and I am now curious as to who you are as far as a race car driver.Did you run a street stock or a modified?I am guessing a modified since you mentioned how fast it was at that 1/3 miler asphalt track at the time before they buried it in dirt in 1979 all in pursuit of the mighty $$$..

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2020, 09:31:22 AM »
I thought Goggles Pisano raced at Bedrock Speedway?...

2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2020, 09:01:10 PM »
I guess GOOGLES is really Fred Flintstone or maybe Forrest Huff or ??

bakes

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 12:06:28 AM »
You are welcome Bozo, The car was called the "Squaw Chaser" as Lyle had a little Indian blood in him, probably could not get away with calling it that in todays world.
 I have not been to the track since they covered it in dirt and we used to pit up in turns 3 and 4 in the shadow of the wall.   
 Always enjoyed racing there and watching the modified's and the street stocks as they put on a great show.

The Big D

Lyle was an amazingly talented driver - he would have graduated high school in my class had he decided to continue.  Would have loved to see what he could have accomplished in racing with just a few bucks behind him.  His dad's yard had the remains of a lot of race cars in it until it was crushed out.