Author Topic: Thunder dog/factory stock racing at five mile or pen can?  (Read 29195 times)

gbrown88B

• Rookie
  • 2012 Penn Can Speedway Factory Stock Champion
    • View Profile
Thunder dog/factory stock racing at five mile or pen can?
« on: November 16, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »
So i bought a thunder dog for next season that was raced at thunder mountain. thunder made some rule changes and will be "pure stocks". That leaves me with skyline only unless i want to convert to pure stock. Has there been any word on weather or not 5 mile or penn can will be starting a smilar class for the 2011 season? I think afton would be very smart to start a class because there is no longer a friday night track local to run these cars. DH2 is the only other kind of close place but they are super strict on rules and half of our cars would be dq'd down there..
Downtown Georgie Brown

rockstar123

• Veteran
  • Turn left
    • View Profile
Re: Thunder dog/factory stock racing at five mile or pen can?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 06:03:48 PM »
Sell it fast and build a truck
Rockstar Racing this year all "for Smiles"

gbrown88B

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 06:35:11 PM »
lol no thanks. time for a v8. but i will bring it out with half the plug wires and race with ya!  ;)
Downtown Georgie Brown

RT7_RACING

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 07:02:47 PM »
i no they changed the name to pure stocks,but do u no what changes are going to have to be made from last years cars

gbrown88B

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »
This is was was announced by dick stark. for any clarification u will have to speak to him but this is roughly what he has planned:
-u can now run a box legal holley 4412.
- now allowed to run an "economy" header instead of manifolds.
-will be able to use some sort of racing springs
- allowed to bolt on weight.
Downtown Georgie Brown

RT7_RACING

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 07:31:51 PM »
thanks george well hopefully dick will release the rules in the near future so we can start getting are ready for thunder

2cars2much

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 07:36:21 PM »
That's not much of a rule change,I thought they did that anyway.i-88 Said no go on dogs,and i don't think 5mile well have them either.Mark Andrus was trying to get a track but i think that fell threw.

gbrown88B

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 08:06:45 PM »
the 4 things i listed are all new. and yeah there seemed to be a lot of intresest when mark was talking about getting one started but i never saw harpel comment on any of it.
Downtown Georgie Brown

gbrown88B

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 08:07:42 PM »
oh and by the way, i forgot one other thing is he is looking to also get a track tire that everyone will run the same.
Downtown Georgie Brown

2cars2much

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 08:12:03 PM »
oh one of those use my tire size and buy them from me and save money deals..

cardiackid

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 10:07:56 PM »
oh one of those use my tire size and buy them from me and save money deals..

It's actually being worked out in the next week or so... but from our conversation earlier it's actually going to be a much better deal than most pessimists would think.  Not to mention any kinda deal like that pads your point fund.

AndrusMotorsports88

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 11:14:02 PM »
Well if anyone hears anything please post something. All these cars setting around and no tracks staying within a stock rule book. One of these promoters would be smart to go all stock.

4412 carbs not a great rule change as there is still tons of rodchesters out there. Manifolds are all over for little to no money at all, A track tire always sounds like it is a great idea as it first starts out as they tell us a padded point fund but its usually a padded wallet in someones back pocket. Also weight i dont think its a huge ordeal so thats the only thing they should have changed. Motors were bigger then everyone thought that was a given. Some guys even had headers on there cars already just not a very good teching procedure.

Penn can gave it a shot, had a few cars turn out. Some of us had other things going on and cars were not ready. I would think if you give it a winter and penn can arranged something they would get 15 or more. Atleast its not racing in an 8 and risking all that hard work in one wreck in the center. I would have loved to help out the penn can show but no one called me back so i didnt go out of my way to get them the cars they should have had.
2008, 2009, 2012, 2014 Figure 8 Champion

Racer X

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 01:03:25 AM »
I have one sitting ready to roll.
If your gonna be a bear.......Be a grizzly!!!!

dicindick4

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 05:46:01 AM »
I don't often respond to much on this type of thread, but please let me explain.  The reason for a carb change is most racers are having work done by a professional on their Rochesters, thus gaining an unfair advantage over everyone in the class that isn't.  You buy a box stock legal Holley and we can check it with our gauges, and also you as a driver can use the same carb if you move up to Street Stocks or Sportsman.  The economy header idea was implemented to save the racer extra work and money.  If you buy a good set of center dump manifolds (you will if you want to have an edge on others) have the exhaust extentions made you will have spent more than an economy set of headers cost ($70 to $100)..  The track tire idea was to stop certain guys from outspending others to get a better tire, to the tune of $120 per tire.  That's crazy for most in this division.  I am trying to come up with something that costs the racer say $50 or less, and try to get a point fund bonus out of it as well.  I am not in the tire business, I am in the racing business!  Any other questions feel free to call me at 607-533-4118.

Thanks,

Dick

AndrusMotorsports88

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 08:02:27 AM »
Now i gotta give Dick an atta boy. Atleast he posted to the concern all of us are asking about. Thank you Dick for being a promoter of this division. Theres the answeres guys so get em ready and atleast its a saturday night track that i can race at.
2008, 2009, 2012, 2014 Figure 8 Champion