RaceNewYork Discussion > Racing Discussion

Oswego Speedway Small Block Supermodifieds

<< < (6/6)

Goggles Pisano:

--- Quote from: cheezfriez on December 14, 2017, 02:39:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: ask0329 on December 12, 2017, 08:21:18 AM ---     One of the things that is frustrating to me is that almost all cars and parts from go-karts to Supermodifieds are store bought.  I really like the safety that they bring but the innovation seems to be gone.  Is there a class anywhere where the smart guy can figure it out and do well?  Not sure.   Your thoughts are welcome.

--- End quote ---

Its for this reason I am strongly considering building a 4cyl super stock for Brewerton. Its really the only class where you get to think. Any car, any race tire, any engine combo, lots of room for creativity and use your brain for what you feel is best. Not set up your cookie cutter car and be done with it.

--- End quote ---

No. The engine I have is 100 percent legal
 Didn't you have a "slightly massaged" 602 for sale a while back? That's taking some of the thinking right out of it.
[/quote]

cheezfriez:
 There are a lot of factors to having a successful crate class. Never implied that you misled anyone. 

robert78:
bring the street /super stocks back

Orange18:
Ask0329, I know this is off topic but do you have an idea why you had 3 pistons with holes burnt in them. To lean on the carb?? I have ran the same 602 for 3 seasons after a rebuild. I do know that some guys change valve springs every 3 races.

ask0329:

--- Quote from: Orange18 on December 18, 2017, 08:30:33 AM ---Ask0329, I know this is off topic but do you have an idea why you had 3 pistons with holes burnt in them. To lean on the carb?? I have ran the same 602 for 3 seasons after a rebuild. I do know that some guys change valve springs every 3 races.

--- End quote ---

From what my engine builder told me its a fairly common problem. Its a combo of running straight pump gas and carb setup was slightly off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version