Author Topic: Lancaster 2020  (Read 5810 times)

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Lancaster 2020
« on: December 25, 2019, 01:36:27 AM »
Looks like Lancaster will run four to five Mod races on their own next year, an they are looking for a GM to run the shows.Hearing a couple names tossed out as possible candidates and both seem like good choices.The word from Gunnville Rd seems to be that 2020 will include NO ROC affiliation....The Brand police have been getting Facebook posts deleted ,not going to happen here...more info to come... and a very merry Christmas to all 😜
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Lancaster 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 06:36:38 AM »
Hmmmmm!

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 07:19:31 AM »
Merry Christmas Sean.What do you mean exactly by the Brand police?I cant see why any news pertaining to the ROC series has to be kept top secret every year.I would think they would release a schedule so people can plan what races they can and want to attend.

MODFAN74

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 02:58:14 PM »
If there are no longer any ROC races at Lancaster there will no longer be an ROC series. Jukasa said they are having another series run on their ISMA date it sounds as if Spencer is done so what is left?

pushinthecushin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 03:39:06 PM »
Why can't these tracks run an open show? No ROC or sanctioning body involved, just show up and race

canuck5902

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 10:09:37 AM »
I have heard they scheduled races at Lake Erie and Chemung.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 09:20:00 AM »
Why can't these tracks run an open show? No ROC or sanctioning body involved, just show up and race

Although I agree with you, I think the "die was cast" a number of years ago, that would prevent that from happening. Many years ago, there were indeed 2 classes of cars, late models and modifieds. And the rules, as few as there were, were pretty uniform across the region. And there were a large number of cars in the area, so te individual tracks/promoters never worried about drawing a good field.

As the cars, especially the modifieds, became more specialized, and more importantly, much more expensive, the promoters did two things. They first began instituting rules like tire and gear rules, in an effort to cut expense costs. While somewhat successful, the costs still escalated, so they then wrote even more rules, which brought on the "sport mod" or "B-mod", which while well intentioned, really diluted the field of cars. And another intention of some of these rules was to keep the cars "legal" for one track only, in a promoter's effort to keep the field full at HIS track, other tracks be damned.

And to run an "open show", as you suggested, could potentially still not draw a really big field, because in order to get ALL the "modifieds" out for a show, would potentially require the drivers/owners to make modifications that wouldn't be practical for 1-2 races in a season.

Just my $0.02 worth......

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 03:25:15 PM »
Why not ROC modifieds?

MODFAN74

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2019, 07:16:38 PM »
2 dates at LES June 6 Sept 28 for ROC mods hope the series can get a few more dates and keep going

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 10:30:16 AM »
Pssss....Looking like 3 mod races..Bill Colton race,Tommy Tony,US Open..also a few other regular shows with the support divisions.Payouts the nite of ( instead of months later) A much cheaper Hoosier tire, and NO high ROC sanction fees. Press release and schedule coming  soon.. Looking like a Happy News Year for local WNY modified racing , after the last few years of dismay..
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 12:00:38 PM »
That June 6 race date at Erie will be up against the Whelen Tour at Seekonk. Which probably means a few less cars at Erie.

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 06:32:31 PM »
Pssss....Looking like 3 mod races..Bill Colton race,Tommy Tony,US Open..also a few other regular shows with the support divisions.Payouts the nite of ( instead of months later) A much cheaper Hoosier tire, and NO high ROC sanction fees. Press release and schedule coming  soon.. Looking like a Happy News Year for local WNY modified racing , after the last few years of dismay..
Thank You Lord!   Just what I needed to hear!  Yeah Baby!

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2020, 09:50:30 PM »
tri track series WNY cup? Holland Lancaster Spencer?  heard rumors any confirmation. NYSS 1 race

Hoosierfan22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 01:54:18 PM »
Nothing against Lancaster but running their own Modifed races was tried about 5 years ago and I think it only lasted 1 season maybe part of a second season with less shows.   Both the RoC and Lancaster need to resolve this ASAP if its not too late.

LakeErieSpeedway

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 02:12:15 PM »
That June 6 race date at Erie will be up against the Whelen Tour at Seekonk. Which probably means a few less cars at Erie.
This was overlooked and we have moved our Race of Champions Modified event date to Saturday, June 27th.