Author Topic: Bob Motz Thrills Hundreds with Spectacular Skyview Show  (Read 2735 times)

bmoore2009

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Bob Motz Thrills Hundreds with Spectacular Skyview Show
« on: July 20, 2009, 04:31:34 PM »
by Brock Moore

Date: July 18, 2009
For Immediate Release

(Tioga Center, NY) On Saturday, July 18th, The O’Reilly Auto Parts Thunder Jam returned to the 1/8 mile dragway known as Skyview Drags.

For the first time in 3 years, Bob Motz returned with his Flamethrower Jet Semi and once again looked to take down the Skyview Drags tower. In his first appearance on the track, Motz burned the right side of the tower and blew the towers sheetrock all over the grounds. In his second appearance on the evening track owner George Swansbrough place an old Ford Truck with a motorcycle in it on the track and had Motz set it on fire. In the second appearance Motz managed to melt all the Plexiglas windows out the tower and burn the front of it to a crisp. The hundreds of fans in attendance went wild as the show came to a close with a spectacular fireworks display that lit up the entire sky. “This is a great facility.” said Motz. “It is always nice to see good crowds come out and support me and as long as I make them, George and Amy happy, I will keep on coming back.”

Paul J. Magliato thrilled the crowd with his Magnum Thunder Jet Quad. Magliato also made an appearance at the Binghamton Mets Game on Friday, July 17th. “We Rocked the Ridge.” said Magliato. “Thunder Jam and the facility put on an awesome show and with this track being 3 hours from my house it is definitely my home track.”

The Supercharged Warriors was part of the evening’s events. Bob Lascak of East Springfield, Pennsylvania was the winner over Bill Bonanti of Fairview, Pennsylvania. The evenings events also included The Cool Bus faced The Fire Truck in the battle of the wheel standers.

Skyview Drags also held 660ET Series racing as part of the events on July 18th but only the Premier Autoline Street Class, Junior Dragsters and Trophy Class was completed. The Premier Auotline Street Class saw Glenna Erecitano pick up the win over runner up Gino Mangino. This is the 3rd time Erecitano and Mangino have faced in the finals but the first time Erecitano scored the win.

The Junior Dragsters saw Matt Forbes pick up the win over Jared Baker of Newfield, New York. The Trophy Class went to Steve Wlock. “I am very pleased with the way the event turned out.” said track director Amy Culver. “All the advertisement paid off and the show drew hundreds of people and was a huge success.” Amy Culver and Jim Marchyshyn (Vice President of Marketing for IHRA Thunder Jam) announced that Thunder Jam would return to the dragway in July of 2010.

The action continues next Friday Night (July 24th) with Test and Tune from 6:00pm-10:00pm. On Saturday (July 25th) it will be 600 ET Series Racing along with the makeup of Mid Season Championships. Start Times for Saturday, July 25th will be released sometime in the near future. Spectator Admission is $10.00 for Adults and $5.00 for kid 12 and under. For more information consult the track’s website at www.skyviewdrags.com. Skyview Drags and the International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) – Rumble Ridge!

For more information on the International Hot Rod Association visit www.ihra.com. For the official website of Bob Motz visit his official website at www.jtmotz.com and for all the latest on the Magnum Thunder Jet Quad visit www.magnumjetsports.com.

Race Results:

Supercharged Warriors (10 Registered): Bob Lascak (Winner) and Bill Bonanti (Runner Up).

Premier Autoline Street Class (21 Registered): Glenna Erecitano (Winner) and Gino Mangino (Runner Up).

Junior Dragsters (10 Registered): Matt Forbes (Winner) and Jared Baker (Runner Up).

Trophy Class (1 Registered): Steve Wlock (Winner).