Author Topic: Any drivers or owners with cars parked please respond  (Read 17726 times)

tom351

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Any drivers or owners with cars parked please respond
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 02:52:23 PM »
We use to race 3 times a week now we are lucky if we can afford to race 1 night I have 2 cars and one sits on jack stands forsale

nitro1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 04:40:25 PM »
this has been read 1640 times with 16 posts with that said , the people that responded all have good reasons for parking there cars the part that im trying to get to is whats it going to take for you to bring the cars back out besides money on the front side,rules changes ? lower back gate ? higher winnings across the board? i have many ideas ,but i need input from you guys, do want to race or are you happy watching nascrap on sundays?
The big plan i have wont work if you guys(the guys with the parked cars )have no intention on bringing them back out, so i need more input to see that this is a possiblity.
we will all have to work together to make this work anyway , so if your interested please respond if you know someone who is not on here talk to them and put there responses down
have them join raceny , the info from this thread is the second part of a three section fact finding mission if you love pavement racing we need your help thanks Fred Eickhoff
theres nothing like the smell of nitro in the morning

Nick Austin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 05:29:35 PM »
this has been read 1640 times with 16 posts with that said , the people that responded all have good reasons for parking there cars the part that im trying to get to is whats it going to take for you to bring the cars back out besides money on the front side,rules changes ? lower back gate ? higher winnings across the board? i have many ideas ,but i need input from you guys, do want to race or are you happy watching nascrap on sundays?
The big plan i have wont work if you guys(the guys with the parked cars )have no intention on bringing them back out, so i need more input to see that this is a possiblity.
we will all have to work together to make this work anyway , so if your interested please respond if you know someone who is not on here talk to them and put there responses down
have them join raceny , the info from this thread is the second part of a three section fact finding mission if you love pavement racing we need your help thanks Fred Eickhoff

oohhhh....this is about pavement racing?
Never mind, I`m too busy and tired to even talk about dirt racing( thats mostly why my car is parked)

tom351

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 06:04:35 PM »
Fred Heres your answer gas in truck $4 a gal race fuel $10 gal back gate fee $45 a person it all equals MONEY !!!!! oh and buy the way payoff sucks nuff said !!

DDT98

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 06:17:38 PM »
  When a track owners asks this question,  people will talk with them ! ,  when a track owner leases out his facility   *We get a Tenant * that just wants to make MONEY !  !
If a Track owner or a tenant can work with there local demographics , and become a PROMOTER !   well then maybe back gate prices will be lowered, payout can be raised, more interest will be perked,  and with interest comes communication,  and with that a fair set of rules can be agreed upon by the car owners and not the track owner, and tenant,  but agreed upon with the Promoter !  then  people will bring people,   etc !  But the Promoter needs to invest in the property, the people he hires, and the work directly with the people that support him !    ;)

Rocketman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 08:52:10 PM »
Lower the back gate back to 20 with a license 25 without........no tire rule.....just a  durometer so anyone can come race without that expense.......no minimum fuel purchase.......for support divisions make it so even finishing last allows them to buy a coke at the end of the night, make the premier division just that..... A $2000 to win weekly 40 lap race with a minimum $250 to start........then take the front grandstands and make it $10 a head to get in.........it has to be affordable for a family of at least 4 to go see some entertainment, not $125 to see 4 classes total and a 50 minute intermission, last but not least keep the crowd entertained throughout the night, hire a clown or some thing for the kids, keep them interested so that they can leave and say they had a good time and maybe ask the neighbors to come next time..........you gotta spend money to make money.....but if you sit on your ***** doing nothing your gonna have nothing in return......no fans, no cars, no show
" If the radiator cap fits, The whole damn car will!"      Beware the Fury in a patient man.

nitro1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 09:01:23 PM »
outstanding now were getting somewhere so if that happened would that be enough to bring cars out of mothballs?

chasinsquirrels

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 09:15:28 PM »
As soon as anyone other than Ralph runs/owns Lancaster I will Def be at the track with one of my cars.... Nothing to do with rules or money at all.

cwm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 09:28:58 PM »
  Nitro, is this all about just  Lancaster?  Or are you thinking about a few other tracks also?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:56:07 PM by cwm »

45 super

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 11:00:49 PM »
no track license no track tire no track fuel 25 back gate 10 front gate  durometer a tire so it will last more than 2 weeks. we are racers we do what it takes but if its not fun any more then we stop. and as my wife says if the family can't afford to come with you whats the sense it going. promoters keep saying we need to do this to save the racer money. well its been my experience that ends up costing money. stick to the rules.   Brad Collings
You gotta turn right to go left.   Hudson Hawk

imca77

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 11:15:09 PM »
the track license is a joke,it just saves you maybe $5.00,it doesn't get you anything(ie: insurance),just set a fair price as suggested. why don't you just put it out there and lets see where you are heading. you have a mixture of classes that are responding to this,imca,street stocks,mods dirt, etc. so lets see where you are going with this before it gets beat to death. just my 2 cents as it seems as though this has been thrashed over before. still bottom line is MONEY no matter how you look at it.   

scarz247

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 12:32:32 AM »
Everyone has brought up very good points here. money is the main factor.But the main thing is that the cheap classes are not cheap any more due to the fact that the last rear wheel drive v8 cars have not been made since the late 80's. The only thing left in the junk yards that is left is full size pick ups that are v8 and rear wheel drive.I think if this sport is gonna make it it needs to evolve little bit.What would be wrong with a stock truck class,fuel injected or carbureted as long as it came stock with it let it run.Of course make it safe with a few safety items.I think that this would bring all brands into the playing field {chevy ford dodge ect} and if they were to run them every other week or so  that would give people a little more time to save up and to work on them so the stress of paying the electric bill or going racing would be less of a factor. Put a claimer on the whole truck to keep things low buck and go racin.Thats just my opion

nitro1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 05:23:33 AM »
  Nitro, is this all about just  Lancaster?  Or are you thinking about a few other tracks also?
no this is about Lancaster,perry Holland.spencer,chemung and shang 2

dirtfan07

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 12:09:09 PM »
Of course lowering cost/increasing purses will help to an extent but I think your gonna find the money problem runs deeper. The cost of living is increasing at a much faster rate than people pay raises.  99% of the people reading this live in the NE part of the country and look what we are paying for home heating oil? Since I bought my house 8yrs ago, fuel oil has gone from $1.25 to $3.89 per gallon. Taxes have gone up about $600/yr. Insurance is up another $500/yr and their are plenty more examples of incresing costs of living. In that same 8yr period, my pay has increased 2.5% annually. It's simple economics; yearly inflation rates are roughly 8-10% and pay increase is 2.5 %... I'm working myself into poverty!! So, until the economy changes, racing loses out for me. I used to have a little extra money to race but now its gone
Simpson Racing.... We put the F-U in fun

racerdad

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 12:38:35 PM »
Money / cost of fielding a car that can run up front, price of living in N.Y. , how teams are treated at the race track, tech- wink to some teams being a harda$$ to others, lack of good side by side hard clean racing, the driver who wrecks other teams and cost to repair a car and get back to racing, so many things to do anymore , time it takes a car owner to get a car ready to race over the winter and then keep it ready during the season,  lack of car counts at a track so fans do not want to go. Just a lot of what I have heard and seen myself. I think Money in most part would be the number one reason. I can remember my dad racing for 1000.00 to win back in the late 60 's.