Author Topic: Chemung ROC  (Read 2192 times)

Rman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Chemung ROC
« on: May 04, 2020, 06:26:57 PM »
Seeing Chemung has lost its first ROC race how about the ROC run twin 61 lap mains at the race in August?? Start early make it a day, the fans have always supported the ROC very well and I'm sure they would this, just a idea I thought I'd throw out there!! I know there is a drive up crowd once the Xfinity race is over but the crowd just gets bigger for the ROC race every year, trash away race fans!!

Hoosierfan22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Chemung ROC
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 12:57:53 AM »
Pennsylvania is going to open long before NY.   The RoC should work a race out at each Clearfield and Evergreen.   If they scheduled a race at Clearfield as soon as PA opens up it would be financially successful.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 08:16:44 AM »
I would feel most comfortable letting Joe Skotnicki decide how this years ROC season is going to play out.

cwm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 08:18:09 AM »
  Was Clearfield planning to open this year before this virus hit?

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 09:28:21 AM »
Civil liberties be damned I think it should be mandatory to wear a face mask when attending these events. Curtail the driver interviews or at a minimum Clorox wipe the mic between interviews. Maybe hold off on the pictures with more than one person in them. Just change the optics, make it look good so if the local news media or angry neighbor wants to make an effort to close the track down there isnt much to fixate on.

The above cut and pasted from a commenter over on Disgraceday CT.
The Woosachucetts mind set (civil liberties be damned) explains much I'm afraid .
That is far more damaging than having to wait until the government says it's OK to go outside.

Good optics means good health?  leave it to the Massholes.

"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Hoosierfan22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 06:57:11 PM »
  Was Clearfield planning to open this year before this virus hit?

Clearfield (UMI Motorsports Park) has been open the past 3 years.   The new owners have been making updates and improvements. 

Hoosierfan22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 07:00:36 PM »
I would feel most comfortable letting Joe Skotnicki decide how this years ROC season is going to play out.

BOZO,  You can stay in your safe place as long as you want but Cuomo is going to out scam I mean out play everyone in the end.

cwm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 01:55:57 PM »
  Do you know if UMI plans to start racing Modifieds and Street Stocks at some point? I couldn't find much except Rusty Wallace experience and Autocross listed.