Author Topic: RaceNewYork Forum Changes Upcoming  (Read 7046 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
RaceNewYork Forum Changes Upcoming
« on: February 17, 2021, 12:53:13 PM »
This forum software has been our home for over 10 years...and with all the changes in the world of social media over the past several years we've decided to move to a more modern platform.  Actually, this has been in the works since February 2020, but due to the abbreviated racing season last year the plans were put off until 2021.

We anticipate most everything on RaceNewYork will be transferred over. That's an important consideration because this site holds generations worth of historical content that tells much of the story of auto racing in our region.

It's my hope that the new system will allow greater ability to engage socially, whether it be from the comforts of your home computer, or from the grandstands of your favorite track. Where racing is happening in our region...we want to be there!

We are anticipating the rollout to be in the March 1, 2021 time frame.

Questions?  Request for features?   Format changes?  Use this thread to discuss them please...

Thanks for supporting RaceNewYork,

- RaceNY Admin Dave

DPackman_PR

• Champion
  • Full time supporter of EVERY racetrack!
    • View Profile
Re: RaceNewYork Forum Changes Upcoming
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 04:22:02 PM »
This forum software has been our home for over 10 years...and with all the changes in the world of social media over the past several years we've decided to move to a more modern platform.  Actually, this has been in the works since February 2020, but due to the abbreviated racing season last year the plans were put off until 2021.

We anticipate most everything on RaceNewYork will be transferred over. That's an important consideration because this site holds generations worth of historical content that tells much of the story of auto racing in our region.

It's my hope that the new system will allow greater ability to engage socially, whether it be from the comforts of your home computer, or from the grandstands of your favorite track. Where racing is happening in our region...we want to be there!

We are anticipating the rollout to be in the March 1, 2021 time frame.

Questions?  Request for features?   Format changes?  Use this thread to discuss them please...

Thanks for supporting RaceNewYork,

- RaceNY Admin Dave

Looking forward to it!
Dakota J. Packman

Check out the all new OFFICIAL Wyoming County International Speedway Facebook page
at www.Facebook.com/TheOfficialWCIS !

And our new Official website at www.TheBullringWCIS.com !

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 07:52:14 AM »
I have to say that i think it is a privlege to be a member of Race New York and i really enjoy visiting the site everyday of the week for the latest racing news.I am however very old school having never been on facebook,etc. and i do not even own a cell phone.I would like to see Race New York remain the same.The term if it aint broke dont fix it .I will still support the site no matter what happens.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 03:21:36 PM »
Hi Dennis,

I'm certain the experience will remain very familiar for desktop users, only better. My use of the terminology "social media" really only applies to features that allow mobile users greater access. Otherwise it still will be a forum just like it always has been.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 08:20:41 AM »
Thank you very much.