Author Topic: Turkey Derby 2019  (Read 1898 times)

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Turkey Derby 2019
« on: November 30, 2019, 07:02:28 PM »
Money Matt gets the Modified and SK win.... 29 Mods and 30 Sk’s HUGE crowd,standing room only... sunny and cold....Another great weekend at Wall Stadium..
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

roblaskowski99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Turkey Derby 2019
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 08:18:23 PM »
Shout out to Ricky Kluth with driver Matt Swanson getting a 5th place finish.  I had a good time racing there for the first time, that track and with the banking is a blast.  Was cold but the crowd was standing room only pretty good crowd as well on Friday.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 08:49:43 PM »
Crazy ride home from Jersey and hope everyone made it safe..A six hour ride turned into a white knuckle 8hr tour.. Kudos to my pal Kluth as it’s always a pleasure racing Turkey Derby with you and Puddin..Matt Swanson can wheel a Mod and working with the Boehler crew is priceless.Great run for Andy J with a top ten.Who would have thought the last 75 would go green...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:58:07 PM by oneill71mod »
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

fastbackss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 06:38:17 AM »
I spent the latter half of the race watching Swanson (and Earl Paules for a while too).

Their strategy of pitting early...and then only going when the leader got to their bumper to lap them...was really entertaining. Once Swanson turned up the wick he was much of the show (well, that and seeing if Tyler Truex had anything for Matt).   Swanson should have gotten Bonsignore at the end too