Author Topic: John Unamann Drag Car  (Read 6532 times)

JackSpratNoFat

• View Profile
Re: John Unamann Drag Car
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 06:32:09 AM »

And who was the guy that ran N/SA at Spencer in a large '65-66? Chevy Biscayne or BelAir that seems to have never lost a race in his class, a white colored car. He must have had a 4000 or better rpm torque converter in that thing.
The car was called "The Donkey and ran out of Macedon, NY if I recollect.

JackSpratNoFat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 06:39:21 AM »

And who was the guy that ran N/SA at Spencer in a large '65-66? Chevy Biscayne or BelAir that seems to have never lost a race in his class, a white colored car. He must have had a 4000 or better rpm torque converter in that thing.

Is it THIS one???

How about PeeWee Herman?

[/quoteraceannouncer... no, that car was from Leroy, NY. The Donkey was from Macedon and didn't have any advertising on it, a real plain jane but ran tough.

John_unaman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 12:36:31 PM »
Jacksprat, I think you are remembering Jim Rufiange, he had the first (correct ) high stall converter that I can remember, he was very smart in picking the correct converter. The guy called peewee was peewee Cotton, first name may have been John, he first appeared with a high winding Yello colored 66 Chevy 2, that had a 288 ci engine. He would crank that little engine 8000+ rpm's  Last I knew he was in a assisted living home, as far as I know he still shows up at the local 1/4 mile. I had a lot of fun with PeeWee.

JackSpratNoFat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 07:57:47 AM »
Yea... I meant PeeWee Cotton, not HERMAN. haha, I must be getting old and forgetful. And you are correct, Jim Rufiange was the guy. He was so consistent with that Chevy, I don't ever remember him losing a race.