Author Topic: Tommy Druar & Tony Jankowiak Memorial Updates  (Read 12480 times)

Modifiedthunder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Tommy Druar & Tony Jankowiak Memorial Updates
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 10:05:52 PM »
Congrats to Matt and the team on another big win !!!! :D

Also thanks for the updates !!!!!! ;)
By the Grace of God and 600 horsepower!!!!

rannyville_concrete_eater

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 10:08:12 PM »
You're Welcome.  I was just the middle man.   :)

justmark

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • WNYRaceZone - Western New York Racing News
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 12:10:12 AM »
Four Cylinder 20 (14 starters):
1. Al Piasecki #9
2. Jayme Thompson #54
3. Ken Hejna #9x
4. Peter Koschuk #22
5. Tom LaLomia, Jr. #8x

T.Q. Midget 20 (10 starters):
1. Andy Jankowiak #49
2. Timex Morgan #2
3. Erik Musto #34
4. Brandon Zavarella #94
5. Arik McGruder #21

More than 2 Street Stocks were there. They just decided not to race, and management decided that after a 2 car heat that they were finished for the evening.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 12:34:31 AM by justmark »
Captain History
FOAR SCORE Club Historian

"Life's too short, man"

Be kinder than necessary as everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle: Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson

Jazzy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 01:37:19 AM »
True, there were 11 streets signed in. After a rather heated debate with Ralph in the drivers meeting over penalties from the previous week, we were 'offered' the option to load up and leave. 9 teams chose to do so....including me....sad day for me, I've been a fan, official and driver spanning 20 years and now I'm banned from the facility for standing my ground about what we felt was right....I don't know what else to say other then I will get the chance to run Perry & Holland in the next few weeks and have some fun racing.....
"Jazzy" Jeff Whalen
jeffw@giarussa.com
585-993-1716
ArmoredAccess.com, Sutton Architecture, The Blue Wall, Thomas R. Lamb Professional Services LLC, Abbott Rd Pizza, Xpress Sign Systems, Fast Cash & Ride, KDM Die, Inc, Wizard Cooling Performance Radiators

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 06:41:20 AM »
The street stock fields were just starting to come back what the stink happened.

Tom Winter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 09:19:05 AM »
True, there were 11 streets signed in. After a rather heated debate with Ralph in the drivers meeting over penalties from the previous week, we were 'offered' the option to load up and leave. 9 teams chose to do so....including me....sad day for me, I've been a fan, official and driver spanning 20 years and now I'm banned from the facility for standing my ground about what we felt was right....I don't know what else to say other then I will get the chance to run Perry & Holland in the next few weeks and have some fun racing.....

So what were the penalties that made everyone leave?

Jazzy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »
Only half the participants in the brawl from the week before were suspended from the track. For the third year in a row one particular team was involved in a brawl and received no punishment.  It all stemmed from that sane team failing to properly notify tech of an engine change and subsequently being light over the scales. All completely avoidable if the teams would follow procedures and the track would hold up their own rules. But now the highest average car count division at the track is gone, if after a horrible mod car count last night they even bother to run stock cars anymore.
"Jazzy" Jeff Whalen
jeffw@giarussa.com
585-993-1716
ArmoredAccess.com, Sutton Architecture, The Blue Wall, Thomas R. Lamb Professional Services LLC, Abbott Rd Pizza, Xpress Sign Systems, Fast Cash & Ride, KDM Die, Inc, Wizard Cooling Performance Radiators

Simple Man

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2013, 02:52:27 PM »
Very disappointed with yesterdays car count. Take off from work just to see a small field of cars. The big wheels should be the premier class. I’m not taking away anything from the driver’s that were there, even though it was a 35 lap feature. They are a class act and thanked us fans for coming out. Hats off to all the lap sponsors (Howie) that support local racing. Too much politics are killing everything. Tommy & Tony were racers and would not want to see it that way. Ralph, with all the extra purse $ maybe you can get some new wood for the benches. What a joke they are. But that probably won’t matter soon. Stagger Lee said it right, R.I.P. Lancaster. The future memorial race will be from the NYS thruway authority, Exit 3773 Lancaster. It’s sad but maybe that should happen.

rg23

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 03:40:41 PM »
A lap counter would be nice.

blubyu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 03:59:21 PM »
The drag timer always works.   If that broke lets see how long before it was fixed.  Not long im sure.  Been at least two years since the stock car lap counter worked.   Sucks for the fans

crankyhick

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 07:55:14 AM »
I would like to thank "all the racers & fans" who came out and supported the Tommy & Tony Race..Over $3,000 in lap & bonus money was given to the Modified drivers.. And yes "we all" were "blindsided" by the events with the Street Stocks & low Modified car count.."HOPEFULLY", this week, cooler head will look at this situation, & some new decisions can improve racing..(I got my fingers crossed)..Thanks again for all your support & help...Howie Markel..(aka, The Cranky Hick)..
Howie Markel.. Race Fan

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 08:33:06 AM »
No, thankyou Howie for all that you do.

While the car counts aren't great, I do find it a bit amusing all this self-serving uproar over it. They don't average 13 cars for their "premier division".

Does it make people feel better about themselves to constantly tell us how bad things are? Danica, your grasp of the obvious is, well, obvious. I told you all  years ago that Ralph was a cancer that would destroy the stockcar end of the speedway. Do I have to be on here everyday telling you  "I told you so".....No, I don't....... That would be being "Captain Obvious". Do I find any satisfaction watching the speedway die a slow death?......No I don't..........Does it do any "good" to be on the internet telling us all how "things should be done"?......No it don't............Have I ever  criticized?.....Well, yes I have, but I don't feel the need to repeat myself every day/week, ad nauseum.........

You are either part of the problem or part of the solution..........Until one of the bashers buys the track and runs it "how it should be run", you are just part of the problem....................kt

ps......Just because you choose not to constantly bash, it does not make you a "cheerleader"........................................kt

2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

Simple Man

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2013, 10:01:27 AM »
KT ...Maybe you should buy it.

Route 66 Speedway
If you ever plan to motor east
Travel my way, the speedway that's the best.
Get your kicks on Route 66!

Howie they could of at least started the feature with the tow truck.
Do you remember them days???

crankyhick

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2013, 10:38:40 AM »
Yes, Simple Man, I do..Mr. Serwacki (sp) would never start a race with 13 cars on the track. (bad luck)..It is nice to know other fans, like you, remember those little things.
Howie Markel.. Race Fan

justmark

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • WNYRaceZone - Western New York Racing News
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2013, 11:16:25 AM »
Yes, a certain person who has been around the track almost forever in one of the suites also stated that it wasn't a good thing to start a Modified race with 13 cars.
Many of the feature fields have hovered around 13 this year though.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:18:42 AM by justmark »
Captain History
FOAR SCORE Club Historian

"Life's too short, man"

Be kinder than necessary as everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle: Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson