Author Topic: Just saw this on Ebay.  (Read 3640 times)

Indian

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Just saw this on Ebay.
« on: August 09, 2009, 05:07:13 PM »
For you Micro sprint drivers. Pretty cool piece of your racing history for sale. Doesn't sound as if the owner knows exactly what he has TBH.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vintage-Limerock-Speedway-NY-Mini-Sprint-250-Race-Car_W0QQitemZ350237924389QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRace_Cars_Not_Street_Legal_?hash=item518bce9c25&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#v4-32

Half Fast Bob

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Just saw this on Ebay.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 04:22:39 AM »
I'm just playing on a hunch here... this isn't anything solid. The color of the car, the number and the location all point in the right direction, but this could all be purely coincidental. A guy by the name of Dave Brunix who would have lived in Macedon (Pumpkin Hook) might have been the last owner. His cars were orange and numbered 10. He did run a brief stint in the old ELS Sprints (Eastern Limited Sprints) series that was started in opposition to ESS. Brunix also operated out of a barn at his house.

The slicks on the car say it ran asphalt. The twin pipes sticking straight up were signature to driver Joey Payne, Jr. and the body work in the tail section supports that. My best guess is that this car came from New Jersey and raced ATQMRA events at Wall. The next question is, how did it get to Macedon? That answer might be because the Niagara Falls Convention Center was still running indoor events as late as 1997 where Payne was the series champion that year. It's possible that Brunix intended on running the car there and never finished it?
If they can have artists, pianists, florists, dentists and bicyclists... then I must be a racist.

Indian

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Just saw this on Ebay.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 03:41:53 PM »
Its a really cool car tbh. Look at the engine alone, pretty interesting uh....engineering going on with that.

Anyone know anything else about this car maybe?