Author Topic: Lancaster Speedway Memories - funny stories  (Read 1107 times)

rsk1139

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Lancaster Speedway Memories - funny stories
« on: November 15, 2018, 04:26:12 PM »
When I was about 5 years old I got lost at Lancaster Speedway. Someone found me and took me up to the press box. There were about 5 or 6 men in the press box and they were eating pretzels. They gave me some pretzels to eat. Then the PA announcer said there is a lost boy in the press box and his name Bobby Pretzel. Dad came up and got me. My family laughed about this for years.     :) :) :)

canadianfan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Lancaster Speedway Memories - funny stories
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 08:15:12 PM »
my funny story is when Erick Rudolph made a dumb inside move and put Sege Fidanza virtually on top of the dragstrip dividers. I thought Erick wasn't going to live to see his 18th birthday. Sege looked like he was going to unscrew Erick's head and had it to him.
Mike Lindsay-Burlington Ontario
2018-Hillside, Lancaster, Jukasa, Flamboro, Peterborough, Delaware, Merrittville, Ohsweken, Sunset, Humberstone

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 09:27:39 PM »
Way to many to list but turn 4 was so much fun back in the day lol.

countrydave

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 06:26:17 PM »
very recent; i had a friend check my 50 50 tickets when i went to the restroom, while coming back up the grandstands, all of my modsquad friends were saying that i won the 50 50, YES! So i went down there; i did a double take and seen them all laughing hard, i totally was embarassed. You friggin guys!, but it's so funny now.
 another one; as a kid with my brothers & my Dad, we would go to the races, always got there early so Dad could read his Gater. Dad would glance over toward the thruway (sometimes you could see who was coming to the track on the thruway) and say, hey there's Evans, we would all look toward the thruway (no Evans), Dad would laugh, a litlte later he would say there's Bodine (no Bodine) more laughing! One time we got Dad back; While Dad's reading the Gater my older brother say's; There's Merv! (Dad's Fav. sometimes Mervyn would show up last minute sometime he wouldn't, though I don't think he would of traveled to LNS by the thruway from Sanborn) Dad dropped the Gater to look and we laughed! Still to this day, the family will kid around and say, There's Merv and we laugh about it! (Funny thing is we still look towards the thruway just to make sure)