Author Topic: NYS Fair slaps Super Dirt Week in the face !  (Read 1963 times)

jimmy consi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: NYS Fair slaps Super Dirt Week in the face !
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 07:18:34 PM »
I just got my property tax rebate check in the mail thanks Andrew!!

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 07:58:26 PM »
I didn't get any rebate ,And don't forget to claim that rebate as income in January.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2018, 10:28:37 PM »
My point is the two events brought in significantly different crowds.

Did I see fights at Dirt Week? Yes. Did I see drunken stupidity at Dirt Week? Oh, heck yes. Did I see blatant disrespect for authority and property? Not really.

And the events bring/brought the same amount of revenue. WRG had to pay to be there. Businesses reaped rewards late in the year from we diehards. So you can't fall back on it being totally a business decision.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 01:09:03 AM »
 ..but I still fail to see what the behavior of people attending the fair or people working at the fair has to do with Super Dirt Week getting shafted.

It has nothing to do with it. That was my point. OK wormy you don't like fine..pick your own word.

You can't logically link your anger over the loss of SDW to the behavior of a ride operator or the degenerates that attend a rap concert unless that

anger overrides rational thought.  You hate  the Fair? Fine stay away but life goes on. 
Don't mess with the Geriatric Jackman

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2018, 04:46:51 PM »
Am I angry? Yes. Am I making these comments to display that anger? No.

But I honestly can't conceive how motorsports fans in New York State (dirt or asphalt) can support the people who literally destroyed 100 plus years of history and replaced it with an Expo Center and a midway and camping area that floods.

I am well aware that me not attending the fair or concerts there means nothing to those people. I am a rational individual. But me not supporting anything on that property means something to me, and in the grand scheme of things, that's all that matters, because as you say - life goes on.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 09:24:30 AM »
To be sure Sunny I get boycotts. I boycott doing business with Indian..er I mean Native enterprises. My only point was that scumbags were
on the Fairgrounds long before the demise of SDW. I know an individual that doesn't support the ROC because he dislikes the owner of that series. Fine..his choice but not going means not supporting a type of racing he says he loves. I don't get it.  I like to think big picture.
I'm not a particular fan of NASCAR but I race there when I get  a chance. Supporting asphalt Modified racing is all I really care about.
People who LOVE dirt racing ( NY style) are willing to drink it literally in their beer, wear it home and wash it out of their hair continuously.
Again I don't get that but we all have our thing. btw your anger is coming thru in your words. That's OK though. 
Don't mess with the Geriatric Jackman

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 06:33:15 PM »
That's not anger. That's being passionate about something you believe in. I believe in taking a stand and boycotting the Fairgrounds and the events there. I believe I will do my due diligence when it comes time to vote, too. And that Waffner who was just named Fair director (after being interim for ever) is one of the main reasons for more horse related events there. I have friends who are involved in jumping and polo and showing horses. Seems to me there was room for all of us.

:shrug: