• Admin: maybe  :)
    December 28, 2018, 01:33:16 PM
  • 80racing: is it multiple choice?
    December 28, 2018, 01:23:05 PM
  • Admin: Just testing again folks
    December 27, 2018, 03:25:38 PM
  • itchypav: :)
    May 16, 2018, 08:19:54 AM
  • Admin: trying to make it better Dusty!
    May 12, 2018, 10:40:51 AM
  • dustydarkwater: I like it!
    May 12, 2018, 10:38:58 AM
  • chief57: its snowing here in towanda
    April 29, 2018, 12:15:44 PM
  • Admin: Just testing some configurations. Don't freak out... LOL -Admin
    April 26, 2018, 01:05:16 PM
  • Admin: Wow, the last time I used this was 2010! LOL!
    April 25, 2018, 09:19:27 PM
  • Admin: This shout feature allows members to quickly share information. Try it...
    June 20, 2010, 12:35:40 PM
  • Admin: RACENY is WORKING....let me know if problems still exist. ;D
    June 19, 2010, 04:07:43 PM
  • Admin: Connection problems still exist...but a bit better
    June 18, 2010, 08:23:37 AM
  • Admin: only 6 hrs to get it working ;D
    June 18, 2010, 01:29:38 AM

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 75
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: SPENCER SPEEDWAY  (Read 1178 times)

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
SPENCER SPEEDWAY
« on: June 05, 2019, 12:32:11 PM »
My take aways from the Don Pratt Memorial 62:

1. It is amazing what you can accomplish with some effort and networking. The efforts of DeMink family and the ROC family have been ongoing for months. They were rewarded with a fantastic crowd who saw some great racing...

2. Six months ago, it didn't look good for Spencer opening at all. With the crowd that attended last Friday, I would say that much like Lancaster, there is a big nucleus of race fans that want to see the track succeed. Thanks again to the ROC family and the DeMink family...

3. I've been around for awhile. People have been trying to throw dirt over asphalt modified racing as long as I've been involved, over 40 years or so. I've heard it all, Troyer and Hutter ruined racing, poor management, asphalt mods died with Richie Evans etc.etc. Well Richie has been gone for 34 years and the asphalt mods are still ticking... It makes me want to puke when I see people I know bad mouthing this or that because they don't agree with how things are run or they just don't like the guy running the show. Until YOU put a better plan in effect, you are either part of the problem or part of the solution, you decide....Well, the asphalt mods have taken some hits over the years but it was great to see 24 FULL BLOWN modifieds on hand. Judging from the crowd, the fans still LOVE the modifieds too....They put on a fantastic show....Again thanks to everyone involved in bringing this show to Spencer Speedway.

4. Racing isn't all about the cars, it's also about the people. Don Pratt would have been proud of the efforts put into the show by his former fans and crew. Kudo's to Curt Tooley and all the people working behind the scenes.....

5. The sound....The sound of 24 full blown modifieds without Lo-back mufflers is one of it's own. Racecars should sound like racecars, not street cars. Not having to go through the process of hanging one track only mufflers I'm sure were another reason for the full field. Spencer has had a hard time drawing ROC modifieds for many years, partly because of this.....Did I mention how great the sounded?.....

6. The food..... I didn't have any but based on everything I saw and heard, the Food Truck Rodeo was a big hit. I'll be sure to get me some BBQ next time I go out....Way to think outside the box....

.....The next ROC modified race is at Lake Erie Speedway Saturday June 15th, one of my favorite tracks for modifieds and all cars. More info can be found at www.rocmodifiedseries.com .....

...The next Spencer Speedway race is Friday, June 28th featuring the ROC Sport Modifieds. More info can be found on face book: "Fans of Spencer Speedway"...

...kt
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 12:39:25 PM by kt »
2019: New Smyrna...Spencer(5)...Big Diamond...Canandaigua.....Lancaster(6)...Jukasa...Chemung...New Hampshire...

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: SPENCER SPEEDWAY
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 05:19:56 PM »
To your points

1.. ditto
2.. ditto again
3 ... true dat...step up( with ideas) or shut up
4... never knew Pratt but have come to know former crew and consider them friends
       the stories are familiar ones and for sure the people side of this sport is what makes it special
5..  KT.hmmm didn't you have some special (nobacks) for Spencer shows? ( got any left?) don't answer  ;D
6 ..  I did have some and it was far above any regular Spencer offerings in the past. Good job on that Jeff and thx Sarge
7 .. Oh there is no 7 ? Well let me make one then. The ROC tour isn't perfect but it's better overall now than it was 3 years ago IMO
       The last two Tour shows @ Wall  ( a crash o rama  freak show) and the snoozer this past weekend at Seekonk prove once
       again ( to me) that the vaulted NASCAR show has nothing on the "lessor "( so called) series ROC included. As NASCAR Cup continues
      it's decline and the K&N ( show cancelled at Thompson recently) struggles it opens the door for our beloved Modifieds and  other
      short track racing set for a resurgence. It takes promotion like Jeff showed at Spencer and Jim Schaefer on the TTOM that it can be
       done.  Yes yes on to Lake Erie. 
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 08:11:14 PM »

glad you had a good time

smallguy

• Veteran
  • Last of the Time Lords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 09:08:13 AM »
Believe it or not, last Friday was the first show I've worked at Spencer in a 33-year career and I really enjoyed it!  Dave and I have worked together before and had a blast...I'll be back to sit in with Joe Marotta on the 28th, looking forward to it!
I'm making perfect sense, you're just having a hard time keeping up! ... Matt Smith (Doctor Who)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 07:26:06 AM »
Paul you and Dave the Dude make a great team in the booth.